Beddy Grey x Deer Grey

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Something with a little in the tank that also has the classic looks.   Bloody Spanish ?

got an old bitch here,I took on for a mate when he had a long holiday ?bred beddy/grey dam x 3/8 5/8 bull grey sire.in her day she would run all day/night until she would literally fit.....unreal prey

I’d think they would be a handy cross if the ingredients in the melting pot was right but I think finding a decent deerhound x greyhound that was actually any good an worth breeding out of same goes f

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I always thought grey/beddie, grey/deer would have been a better match than most

Lad bred some on Facebook pups look nice going to have size an look tobe strong to , be a handy x should make good around hunting dogs 

• Like 2

A lass I know as two bred this way,

one his Dave plats deer x grey x bedy grey the bitch is deer x bedy .

she says she works them ?

i don't think they ever see a days work ,they look the part and I'm sure in right hands they b good at the job .

her mate as six well bred whippets but they don't even get walked never mind work.just left in crates on top of each other in spare room.

shows and ribbon chasing is only thing they ever see .

On 24/03/2019 at 08:37, Moocher71 said:

i don't think they ever see a days work ,they look the part and I'm sure in right hands they b good at the job .

her mate as six well bred whippets but they don't even get walked never mind work.just left in crates on top of each other in spare room.

They won't win any shows if they are just left in a crate all day. Whippets need to be in good condition to win shows. My mate breeds and shows them, and does extremely well with them. Not saying they are in as 'hard' condition that a working whippet would be in, but they are fit and in great condition. Neither of which will be attained if they are left in a crate all day ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, shaaark said:

They won't win any shows if they are just left in a crate all day. Whippets need to be in good condition to win shows. My mate breeds and shows them, and does extremely well with them. Not saying they are in as 'hard' condition that a working whippet would be in, but they are fit and in great condition. Neither of which will be attained if they are left in a crate all day ?

My brother offerd to work them for her couple yrs ago and keep them fit ,but she was going todo it herself.

iv never seen them out the yard mate ,she kept big heavy guard dogs yrs ago and same with them ,

i dont even know if they see shows still .

some cracking blood lines as well ,just don't understand folk like that.

Mooch

58 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

My brother offerd to work them for her couple yrs ago and keep them fit ,but she was going todo it herself.

iv never seen them out the yard mate ,she kept big heavy guard dogs yrs ago and same with them ,

i dont even know if they see shows still .

some cracking blood lines as well ,just don't understand folk like that.

Mooch

Yeah, see that now and again, madness. My son has a whippet bitch now, with similar lines in to my mates dogs. She's only 21 months old, but she's built like a little tank, and is fit as f**k. But she's out everyday with him and his lurcher 'eddie', and has a great time annoying and teasing eddie into chasing her lol, great to watch.  And on top of that his mrs and my grandaughters walk her nearly every day ?

• Like 1
On 24/03/2019 at 08:37, Moocher71 said:

She should have them taken off her that no way to treat dogs what a scum bag

6 hours ago, shaaark said:

Yeah, see that now and again, madness. My son has a whippet bitch now, with similar lines in to my mates dogs. She's only 21 months old, but she's built like a little tank, and is fit as f**k. But she's out everyday with him and his lurcher 'eddie', and has a great time annoying and teasing eddie into chasing her lol, great to watch.  And on top of that his mrs and my grandaughters walk her nearly every day ?

It's good to get youngsters out my boy to bizy with his mates and gals.,

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Rusky1984 said:

She should have them taken off her that no way to treat dogs what a scum bag

I agree mate ,no way to treat a pet dog never mind working dog .

she had the cheek to stop her car and tell me she wanted to use my male whippet as stud lol .

told her he's only put over working stock ,see her face lol .

mooch

• Like 1

I’d think they would be a handy cross if the ingredients in the melting pot was right but I think finding a decent deerhound x greyhound that was actually any good an worth breeding out of same goes for bedlington x greyhounds would be a achievement in its own right but every time I see this sort of x advertised it’s always from  peddlers or bred from show dogs that have done feck all because they have to many dogs on the go but will try there luck to blag that there decent work dogs just to make sales out of pups I’ve not seen this x advertised for a while now thankfully but couldn’t say I’d take a risk on one I’d rather take a risk on something else tbh I’d rather try a bedlington greyhound to a racey line bred bull greyhound 

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, poxon said:

I’d think they would be a handy cross if the ingredients in the melting pot was right but I think finding a decent deerhound x greyhound that was actually any good an worth breeding out of same goes for bedlington x greyhounds would be a achievement in its own right but every time I see this sort of x advertised it’s always from  peddlers or bred from show dogs that have done feck all because they have to many dogs on the go but will try there luck to blag that there decent work dogs just to make sales out of pups I’ve not seen this x advertised for a while now thankfully but couldn’t say I’d take a risk on one I’d rather take a risk on something else tbh I’d rather try a bedlington greyhound to a racey line bred bull greyhound 

Bull beddy grey sounds good flavour 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Black neck said:

Bull beddy grey sounds good flavour 

Mate bull is not my flavour but it makes sense in this cross why as there’s far more bull xs out there doing the job so makes perfect sense to me ??

• Like 1