Hushpower 410

2 hours ago, Torquemada said:

So I'm off to buy a new Baikal 410 hushpower this morning, been wanting a hushpower for the last few years...

So wood stock or black synthetic? The wood is £35 cheaper...

Get some lyalvale express 3” in 5s they are as quiet as the supsonic range .   

I have the wood myself 

3 hours ago, Torquemada said:

Got the wood one. It's nice. Says on the instructions that it takes 50-100 shots before the mod is "run in"... Can't wait to take it out, shame I have a tiny garden on a housing estate!

What ammo did you buy , I have tried everything and quietes for me was the lylvale 5s there quieter in my gun that the huspower ones wich are expensive I tried lylvale 6s but the sound difference between the two is extreamly different , mine with lylvale 5 sound like a cheap air gun 

7 hours ago, Elchapo said:

What ammo did you buy , I have tried everything and quietes for me was the lylvale 5s there quieter in my gun that the huspower ones wich are expensive I tried lylvale 6s but the sound difference between the two is extreamly different , mine with lylvale 5 sound like a cheap air gun 

A cheap air gun !  Whenever I see posts about wanting a 410 hush power that sounds like that cheap air gun . Alarms sound in my head. Why a 410? More expensive cartridges, less pellets in the pattern, lees effective because of reduced velocity. Overall a poor substitute for a 12 bore or any other gauge. Unless you are up to no good or are an urban ninja or something.

9 minutes ago, Meece said:

A cheap air gun !  Whenever I see posts about wanting a 410 hush power that sounds like that cheap air gun . Alarms sound in my head. Why a 410? More expensive cartridges, less pellets in the pattern, lees effective because of reduced velocity. Overall a poor substitute for a 12 bore or any other gauge. Unless you are up to no good or are an urban ninja or something.

I’m up to no good 

or maybe I shoot squirells in woods that have pheasants in them 

or maybe I shoot rabbits on field that have expensive horses on them

or maybe I’m a street ninja 

either way it got f**k al do with you why people want a 410 so you keep worrying about them alarm bells ringing 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

I’m up to no good   》》》 well are you? Or anyone using one.?

or maybe I shoot squirells in woods that have pheasants in them 》》》》 you could use traps. More effectively. They're there 24/7

or maybe I shoot rabbits on field that have expensive horses on them. 》》》 Possibly•. Bloody horses. Use box traps fenced off.

or maybe I’m a street ninja . Ahh now we have it. A mutant street ninga. The midnight cat shooter. You get extra points for that one. Load single breneke for instant effect.

If your going to draw the weapon, shoot to kill but not with a poxy 410

1 minute ago, Meece said:

Yea I use my 410 to poach pheasants of no good toffee nosed feckers who look down on us mere mortals 

i find it warms my heart to no that the little man is sticking it to the big man 

28 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Yea I use my 410 to poach pheasants of no good toffee nosed feckers who look down on us mere mortals 

i find it warms my heart to no that the little man is sticking it to the big man 

You wicked little bu€€@r. Shooting those poor little pheasant off of the limb. And depriving those guns of a shot.  ANYWAY Kwis won't like it.

I knew a lad that did this. He used to slip off over the road, just after dusk. He never left a cartridge or feather. He had a pickers up bird holder añd used to take about 20  birds a week the night before a big local commercial shoot that was keepered by his mate. The birds were added into the bag and they split the cut. A lot of the guns paid by cash. Floating around in their wallets as you would have. The bloke who put the birds down on this price of wood was a right C!  He never did twig what was going on.

• Like 2

You can shoot a moded 410 out a bungalow window, you can't do that with a 12 gauge. Well, sayin' that, you can do it but, by Christ, yer ear's will be ringin' for a couple of days. I did it with the SX 3, had cartridges bouncing round the bath room. The Mrs was NOT impressed ???

I got Eley No 6 cartridges.

I have an unmoderated 410 already, and use it to humanely kill cage trapped foxes, but it is quite noisy, and I even used the subsonic cartridges in it to try and get the noise down. So primarily its for that, but at the moment I have a rabbit job on where there are houses very close and horses in a field behind as well. I couldn't get in a position to use my Air rifle effectively so the Hushpower will be getting an outing one night this week.