6 hours ago, Kong33 said:

Best place to get 16mm lead  ball mold 

Ebay sell all the different sorts, I use the fishing weight moulds, about a tenner when I got them If you have not used them before may be worth buying a few in different sizes to try, I use 12mm lead and would not go any bigger because of the amount of effort needed to propel them, more effort = less accuracy plus there ain’t many animals that I would hunt with a catty that walk away from a good whack of 12mm lead, pigeons happy to use 10mm steeel but 12s in lead take squirrels and pheasants without to many runners ??

4D10C414-85B7-4EB2-93F5-2167FBBEB497.jpeg

E585C6D6-0964-4514-91EF-EF5A8B764297.jpeg

596772E0-7A8B-4F81-9FF1-5BF3E067BB27.jpeg

• Like 1

I got a 16mm new forest mould deadly for pheasants and rabbits in cover. Think it does 12 at a time. Steer clear of them cheap fishing ones more hassle than they worth

Edited by C.green

I can knock out a 1000 12mm leads in a reasonable time with the fishing weight moulds have never had any problems with them, think a vice is what makes it work I put two moulds in the vice and it’s 16 balls per pour takes seconds, what elastic do you use for 16mm leads, I have some blue dub dub that would launch them but I only use it on arm brased Catty,s as the effort to draw it back leads to a bit of wobble,  I am assuming your doing a fair bit of close range night work with that set up or is that your everyday carry ???

Make one cut per shot as opposed to four with the new forest type of mould just leass aggro does 12 at a time and soon get a few knocked out. Use allsorts but thereaband blue tube is a favourite at the moment.though just trying green cut short aswell. Mainly shooting at stuff the dogs are about to push out of bramble and what not bit heavy for roosting for my liking.

4 hours ago, C.green said:

Make one cut per shot as opposed to four with the new forest type of mould just leass aggro does 12 at a time and soon get a few knocked out. Use allsorts but thereaband blue tube is a favourite at the moment.though just trying green cut short aswell. Mainly shooting at stuff the dogs are about to push out of bramble and what not bit heavy for roosting for my liking.

Where do you get the new forest mold  from mate

Edited by Ryan nimmo
  • 1 month later...