New zealand bans semi auto rifles

9 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

here you go now with the mass confiscation of your firearms

like chris mentioned a few posts back the lee enfield 303 bolt action is a military rifle.

tin foil time

our governments are coming for our guns.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I might be on my own here, and I have firearms. But I can’t see any good reason for civilians to own semi automatic weapons. As said in a previous post , bad guys will either already have or will be a

To me it’s less about culture and more about freedom.  Ive just loaded three semi automatic rifles iinto my truck.  My 15 yr old twins and I are going to the range after they finish their ch

Don't worry ted any photos with you and your semi auto's,just type pre ban. They can't do nothing then.

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, PMul said:

Ted, are you saying governments aren’t moving to disarm populations?

When governments start to use the term military style yes

the canadian government is now trying to pass a law which they say targets criminals and crime, in effect its targetting law abiding firearms owners.

this trudope liberal government is going full on disarming citizens.

i aint handing over nothing 

• Like 1
On 22/03/2019 at 14:52, Blackbriar said:

I recently read about feral goat control in NZ.

A 'standard' rifle allows one shot, the herd scatters and you schlep miles across rough terrain to locate them again, ready to pop the next one. Repeat as nauseum, until the herd is whittled down sufficiently. For the guys in that situation, a rapid fire weapon is first choice, and with good reason.

Fair enough mate 

Let’s have it straight please 

we don’t have a huge gun culture in the uk either legally held recreation weapons or criminal based 

the u s does 

if you live in an isolated house in upstate New York , Zimbabwe, or sout Africa and an armed criminal gang break in your home 

you aren’t into 999 upstairs under the bed 

your locking a mag into your Dimarco variant and your cutting those c**ts in half so they never come back to bother you , your family or your neighbors again as within the full rights of the law . 

We don’t live there , we don’t have their lifestyle or their risk. Gun ownership is appropriate for the risk in each country imho 

no one seems to have mentioned that if one of the mosque goers had a concealed or overt weapon system , they could have dropped that motherfucker before it started. 

The only thing that stops bad people with guns is good people with bigger guns 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

To me it’s less about culture and more about freedom. 

Ive just loaded three semi automatic rifles iinto my truck. 

My 15 yr old twins and I are going to the range after they finish their chores. 

After an hour or so of them trying to out shoot their dad, we will go for a coffee / ice cream somewhere and ( hopefully) I will remind them I am still numbered 1. 

Why would anyone want the government (our servants) to hold all the guns?

i just can’t understand that thought process. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Let’s have it straight please 

we don’t have a huge gun culture in the uk either legally held recreation weapons or criminal based 

the u s does 

if you live in an isolated house in upstate New York , Zimbabwe, or sout Africa and an armed criminal gang break in your home 

you aren’t into 999 upstairs under the bed 

your locking a mag into your Dimarco variant and your cutting those c**ts in half so they never come back to bother you , your family or your neighbors again as within the full rights of the law . 

We don’t live there , we don’t have their lifestyle or their risk. Gun ownership is appropriate for the risk in each country imho 

no one seems to have mentioned that if one of the mosque goers had a concealed or overt weapon system , they could have dropped that motherfucker before it started. 

The only thing that stops bad people with guns is good people with bigger guns 

you dont have a gun culture but you have hunting as a past time.slowly but surely hunting with anything is being eroded by left wing snowflakes and government.

it wont be long before our children wont know about hunting and vermin control.

there is suffiecent numbers back in the UK who hunt and fish and plus the economy of hunting is massive,it needs supporting and proctecting.

i cant imagine throwing stones or pointy sticks on a pheasant shoot.

9 minutes ago, PMul said:

After an hour or so of them trying to out shoot their dad, we will go for a coffee / ice cream somewhere and ( hopefully) I will remind them I am still numbered 1. 

i am with you all the way.

governments are put in power by US,(even though i wouldnt vote liberal lol)

but still WTF do we stand for them telling us what to do. we are not the criminals here,we are law abiding citizens have freedom and enjoyment.

i am no threat to any school,church,mosque,bar or shopping mall,

fck em fck em all

come and get my rifles,fckn dare you,i am old enough that i dont give two fcks now

nazi jack booted thugs

rant over lol

• Thanks 2

also over there is no gun registry of non restricted firearms,so basically anyone who has a basic firearms license

can buy whatever he wants and how many they want.

so when the government decides that some non restricted firearms are now illegal,who's door

are they going to knock on???

they didnt quite think this through

?

1 hour ago, Ted Newgent said:

you dont have a gun culture but you have hunting as a past time.slowly but surely hunting with anything is being eroded by left wing snowflakes and government.

it wont be long before our children wont know about hunting and vermin control.

there is suffiecent numbers back in the UK who hunt and fish and plus the economy of hunting is massive,it needs supporting and proctecting.

i cant imagine throwing stones or pointy sticks on a pheasant shoot.

i am with you all the way.

governments are put in power by US,(even though i wouldnt vote liberal lol)

but still WTF do we stand for them telling us what to do. we are not the criminals here,we are law abiding citizens have freedom and enjoyment.

i am no threat to any school,church,mosque,bar or shopping mall,

fck em fck em all

come and get my rifles,fckn dare you,i am old enough that i dont give two fcks now

nazi jack booted thugs

rant over lol

2F81EB39-CEF8-4A66-81D6-47870AE00833.jpeg

Edited by PMul
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

also over there is no gun registry of non restricted firearms,so basically anyone who has a basic firearms license

can buy whatever he wants and how many they want.

so when the government decides that some non restricted firearms are now illegal,who's door

are they going to knock on???

they didnt quite think this through

?

So, Jimmy Kiwi could have 10 semi auto rifles in his home, declare and claim compo on 3, keep the rest and the NZ government would be none the wiser ?

And they say US gun laws are crazy !

• Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

So, Jimmy Kiwi could have 10 semi auto rifles in his home, declare and claim compo on 3, keep the rest and the NZ government would be none the wiser ?

And they say US gun laws are crazy !

who knows,i am not fully aware of the NZ laws

20 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Gun ownership is appropriate for the risk in each country imho

I concur with all of that post but I'll add that certain areas of Britain are far more violent and crime ridden than the majority of the US. Crime aside and look at the statistics for 'Democide' in the 20th century. After that ask why should any government have a monopoly on violence?

Back to NZ their law now bans any semi auto not just military assault rifles. Time to check your 10/22...

20 hours ago, PMul said:

Well said. As above, there is a long a well documented UN campaign for civilian disarmament and the proliferation of small arms. They discuss this routinely. This goes back decades and even the late president Kennedy submitted a document entitled "Freedom From War: The United States Program for General and complete Disarmament in a Peaceful World" way back in '62.

The Rwandan genocide lasted 100 days in 1994. The only people that were allowed to hold firearms were the Hutu dominated government's militias and paramilitaries. They moved in to execute any opposition from either side and then set up check points to check ID cards that would identify and kill any Tutsis. The Hutus then raped, maimed, and killed their way across the country using garden and farming tools (guns are illegal and only held by the government forces) and in 100 days (!!) they'd murdered between 500,000 - 1,000,000 people.

I can understand that many people see 'common sense' gun control from good natured POV. Less guns less crime, right? The issue with this is that a follow up government that doesn't share that goal now has a disarmed population. Can anyone think of any examples in the 20th century where a charismatic leader enacted common sense gun legislation and used that for political advantage against undesireables?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 03:10, shovel leaner said:

I might be on my own here, and I have firearms. But I can’t see any good reason for civilians to own semi automatic weapons. As said in a previous post , bad guys will either already have or will be able to get their hands on them easily enough because there are probably so many already out there . Before the ban in the uk I knew guys who owned military semi autos and hand guns . They used to shoot at ranges and gun clubs . I went along once and what I noticed was the targets were silhouette/ human shape targets , and I thought it was all a bit .... weird. I’ve got rifles , but they are only for shooting furry stuff and I wouldn’t dream of ever shooting at a human shaped target . 

You don't make much sense. I guess it's your emotional side speaking?

• Like 1
On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 15:31, shovel leaner said:

In America the NRA is a very powerful political lobbying organisation and America has the “right to bear arms “ ingrained into its culture. I don’t think that civilians have any need for or use for semi automatic or automatic weapons . That’s my opinion, and I do not see it as being decisive or not supporting fellow shooters . You only have to look at the amount of mass shootings in America compared to this country to see why I think this . I think the uk has got its gun control about right. 

We do have a fair number of shootings. But, we also have over 300,000,000 people from all walks of life. More firearms then most armies (just the ones we know about), and the most firearms used to stop crime.