New zealand bans semi auto rifles

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I might be on my own here, and I have firearms. But I can’t see any good reason for civilians to own semi automatic weapons. As said in a previous post , bad guys will either already have or will be a

To me it’s less about culture and more about freedom.  Ive just loaded three semi automatic rifles iinto my truck.  My 15 yr old twins and I are going to the range after they finish their ch

Don't worry ted any photos with you and your semi auto's,just type pre ban. They can't do nothing then.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ChrisJones said:

In which case I would fully support your right to do so and I'm sure many Brits would second the motion!

Hahaha..... I still can't believe I married a Plymouth girl lol

• Haha 1

For those of you that speak against an armed population please answer me these two questions. 

1 Do you trust your government?

If as I’m sure many of you answered no, then, please answer #2  

2  Then why do you want them to be the only ones with guns?

Molon Labe.......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
On 21/03/2019 at 11:36, NEWKID said:

I'm not a gun man myself, but can't understand why average Joe needs a semi auto weapon either??

Rifles, shotguns etc yes of course but military grade weaponry is a bit ott for 99% of gun owners surely?

I recently read about feral goat control in NZ.

A 'standard' rifle allows one shot, the herd scatters and you schlep miles across rough terrain to locate them again, ready to pop the next one. Repeat as nauseum, until the herd is whittled down sufficiently. For the guys in that situation, a rapid fire weapon is first choice, and with good reason.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

I recently read about feral goat control in NZ.

A 'standard' rifle allows one shot, the herd scatters and you schlep miles across rough terrain to locate them again, ready to pop the next one. Repeat as nauseum, until the herd is whittled down sufficiently. For the guys in that situation, a rapid fire weapon is first choice, and with good reason.

Can see a good argument for an RPG in this case ????

39 minutes ago, j j m said:

why does joe public need a semi auto

Free men do not only have needs. 

They fulfill wants. 

You and people that think like you have the mindset of subjects. 

Citizens think differently. 

We are no ones “ subject”. 

Please don’t take this as an attack, it is an observation. 

I understand your line of thinking. 

You will never understand mine. 

• Thanks 2
3 hours ago, j j m said:

why does joe public need a semi auto

why not?

i have two for vermin control,bolt action rifle just doesnt cut it.

how many on here have a ruger 10/22 for bunny control?

that was the go to rifle for bunnies.

what difference does calibre make?

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

why not?

i have two for vermin control,bolt action rifle just doesnt cut it.

how many on here have a ruger 10/22 for bunny control?

that was the go to rifle for bunnies.

what difference does calibre make?

I’d say it makes a difference, a 22 rimfire is a deadly weapon but it’s not a military assault rifle  that can cause massive injuries and a huge amount of casualties very quickly. I’ve got shotguns and rifles . But I cannot imagine a situation where I would go to my gun cabinet to get a gun out to protect my family. In this country if you do that you know what will happen..... you will go to prison . This is not America , or Somalia or Syria . If there are armed men outside my house, I will call the police . 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I’d say it makes a difference, a 22 rimfire is a deadly weapon but it’s not a military assault rifle  that can cause massive injuries and a huge amount of casualties very quickly. I’ve got shotguns and rifles . But I cannot imagine a situation where I would go to my gun cabinet to get a gun out to protect my family. In this country if you do that you know what will happen..... you will go to prison . This is not America , or Somalia or Syria . If there are armed men outside my house, I will call the police . 

Not really being pedantic 

but no civilian has legal authorisation to a military assault rifle (only certain states in usa have full auto select fire)

.22 rifle 50 round mag loaded with high velocities will do alot fair bit of damage also

apples and pears i guess

• Like 1