New zealand bans semi auto rifles

Tomo I know  and hear of enough naughty lads lol,and they don't knock your door and threaten you with a poxy knife if your stupid enough to be in their pockets or f**k them off ?

these youngsters playing the game today are a different breed,they don't have the morals or respect that was around yrs ago....they will come to the family home and drop you like jill dando...for something as simple as mouthing off at the traffic lights?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I might be on my own here, and I have firearms. But I can’t see any good reason for civilians to own semi automatic weapons. As said in a previous post , bad guys will either already have or will be a

To me it’s less about culture and more about freedom.  Ive just loaded three semi automatic rifles iinto my truck.  My 15 yr old twins and I are going to the range after they finish their ch

Don't worry ted any photos with you and your semi auto's,just type pre ban. They can't do nothing then.

Posted Images

if someone wants to own a semi auto rifle why should he or she not own one.who are any of you to say i do not like them so no one else should have them.my opinion is the same for 4x4 vehicles that are never driven off road,the pollution the cause each year kills more people in the country than all the shootings we have ever had in just one year but i do not say why do you want to own one that is your choice.any banning of any guns is just the start of a slippery slope that ends with us not being able enjoy our chosen sport.i only shoot paper targets but just because i do not shoot fluffy or flappy does not mean others should be stopped doing so.we still have a choice to shoot what we want untill people start saying i do not like or should they have one of those.my hobby does no harm to any one if i shoot a semi or a bolt action.all shooters should stick together and not start picking on certain types of shooting that they dislike ffs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

In America the NRA is a very powerful political lobbying organisation and America has the “right to bear arms “ ingrained into its culture. I don’t think that civilians have any need for or use for semi automatic or automatic weapons . That’s my opinion, and I do not see it as being decisive or not supporting fellow shooters . You only have to look at the amount of mass shootings in America compared to this country to see why I think this . I think the uk has got its gun control about right. 

6 hours ago, sandymere said:

How many died in the sledge hammer attacks?

So if a man kills 50 muslims with a sharp stick are we going ban sharp sticks , where does it end , what about rifle all together why not bad everything bar shotgun, he used a shotgun too ,

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Tomo I know  and hear of enough naughty lads lol,and they don't knock your door and threaten you with a poxy knife if your stupid enough to be in their pockets or f**k them off ?

these youngsters playing the game today are a different breed,they don't have the morals or respect that was around yrs ago....they will come to the family home and drop you like jill dando...for something as simple as mouthing off at the traffic lights?

Very true , young dumb and full of cum types showing off to mates round London way will shoot each other up for been on the wrong street , f***ing idiots 

1 hour ago, All-terrain said:

These were found in some bushes recently, young lads around here have things like this, so don’t think terrorists have any problem getting them, At

CD166258-0993-4799-9E70-EB62C37CDA11.jpeg

6594EEF6-6783-4835-BEEC-C20CE53B64EE.jpeg

Bugger wondered where I’d put them ?

16 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

Ha she is screwed

CE828F42-3081-467C-93D1-FF4E9DCF5427.png

Interesting as New Zealand has a very low homicide rate for having such light firearms laws in the first place but it's much higher than Switzerland's where there are more firearms and yet not even on the same page as the United Kingdom where they're banned. Russia's homicide rate is 10.82 per capita with totalitarian access to guns whereas the good old USA is only half of that with more access to firearms than anywhere else on the planet.

Maybe there's an underlying issue that we're all missing... :hmm:

• Like 2
5 hours ago, .357shooter said:

if someone wants to own a semi auto rifle why should he or she not own one.who are any of you to say i do not like them so no one else should have them.my opinion is the same for 4x4 vehicles that are never driven off road,the pollution the cause each year kills more people in the country than all the shootings we have ever had in just one year but i do not say why do you want to own one that is your choice.any banning of any guns is just the start of a slippery slope that ends with us not being able enjoy our chosen sport.i only shoot paper targets but just because i do not shoot fluffy or flappy does not mean others should be stopped doing so.we still have a choice to shoot what we want untill people start saying i do not like or should they have one of those.my hobby does no harm to any one if i shoot a semi or a bolt action.all shooters should stick together and not start picking on certain types of shooting that they dislike ffs

finally someone gets it

2 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

Interesting as New Zealand has a very low homicide rate for having such light firearms laws in the first place but it's much higher than Switzerland's where there are more firearms and yet not even on the same page as the United Kingdom where they're banned. Russia's homicide rate is 10.82 per capita with totalitarian access to guns whereas the good old USA is only half of that with more access to firearms than anywhere else on the planet.

Maybe there's an underlying issue that we're all missing... :hmm:

i think there is more to this than meets the eye

maybe i should see my doctor and get tin foil on prescription lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

i think there is more to this than meets the eye

maybe i should see my doctor and get tin foil on prescription lol

Like the LV shooting. I'm not convinced there is a conspiracy, false flag, crisis actors, etc... Saying that if we want to go down that rabbit hole how about this little excerpt from the nazi f*ck*rs manifesto...

[1]I chose firearms for the affect it would have on social discourse, the extra media coverage they would provide and the affect it could have on the politics of United states and thereby the political situation of the world. The US is torn into many factions by its second amendment, along state, social, cultural and, most importantly, racial lines.

]2]With enough pressure the left wing within the United states will seek to abolish the second amendment, and the right wing within the US will see this as an attack on their very freedom and liberty.

[3]This attempted abolishment of rights by the left will result in a dramatic polarization of the people in the United States and eventually a fracturing of the US along cultural and racial lines.

1. Sounds almost radical left from that comment. Also many are neglecting to mention on the fact he had explosives incase option 1 failed. This man was intent on maximum damage and wasn't really concerned with laws and such.
  2. As delightful as that sounds to some that would take decades. NZ banning in record time was simply the stroke of a pen. Rights in a lot of countries are deemed priveleges.
  3. He's clearly unaware of the existing political split in the US.
14 hours ago, .357shooter said:

Haha....we're onto 4x4s now.... c'mon lads military grade weapons shouldn't be accessible over the counter, I may be wrong on a complete ban, as has been pointed out...but the if I want an semi auto assault rifle it's my rights to have one argument is a bit weak imo...

I always fancied one of those scud missiles Saddam used to f**k about with, it is my right to own one isn't it? 

No gun should be banned, why take the protection away from people who in some places need them, to protect family and property from idiots and terrorists.  If the Police need them, then so does the public, since we're all fighting the same battle.  And if all guns were banned, would this stop terrorists and insane people from blowing folk up, it's the person lighting the fuse or pulling the trigger that should be banned or terminated.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

Haha....we're onto 4x4s now.... c'mon lads military grade weapons shouldn't be accessible over the counter, I may be wrong on a complete ban, as has been pointed out...but the if I want an semi auto assault rifle it's my rights to have one argument is a bit weak imo...

I always fancied one of those scud missiles Saddam used to f**k about with, it is my right to own one isn't it? 

Only if you get me one too, gonna stick it through the in laws letter box

Edited by dave88
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, NEWKID said:

c'mon lads military grade weapons shouldn't be accessible over the counter,

In your opinion. We'll have to agree to disagree. A Lee and Enfield bolt action .303 was an "assault rifle" at one point same as a Kentucky flintlock. Neither you, nor I, in possession of one of these rifles is a threat to society.

but the if I want an semi auto assault rifle it's my rights to have one argument is a bit weak imo...

As above. You do have the right, same as with the right to free speech, the right to privacy etc. The US Constitution aside, the EU Charter of human rights covers your right to life and prohibits slavery and torture in Article 1. Article 2 covers liberty, personal integrity, privacy, right to thought, expression and assembly. The fact that exercising some of those rights is now, especially in Britain, a privelege shows a pattern of judicial overeach that has a precedence that goes back centuries. You only have to look at the last century to see how an authoritarian regime used the "You Don't Need An..." argument to justify every crime up to and including genocide. I'll accept that we've had it very easy in the last 75 years but just because we're a couple of generations away from the "Need" it shouldn't quosh any "Right" lest we forget...

Would you use it for fun or to invade somewhere?

Edited by ChrisJones
Typo
  • Like 2