New zealand bans semi auto rifles

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I might be on my own here, and I have firearms. But I can’t see any good reason for civilians to own semi automatic weapons. As said in a previous post , bad guys will either already have or will be a

To me it’s less about culture and more about freedom.  Ive just loaded three semi automatic rifles iinto my truck.  My 15 yr old twins and I are going to the range after they finish their ch

Don't worry ted any photos with you and your semi auto's,just type pre ban. They can't do nothing then.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

does it matter??

still a terror attack.

the point is the person responsible used what he could obtain to cause damage.

and yes if they had access to firearms he would of chose a firearm,but if he had the nowse he could of bought a

black market rifle and ammo or even hired a fckn rental van and timed it right and ploughed thru morning prayers

were do you draw the line on banning shit??

knives over 3.5cm are banned in the UK or should i say you need good reason to carry one.

just how many stabbings have you had this year alone

C'mon mate...semi automatic assault rifles are an extreme piece of kit to go out and buy... 

As said I really am not into taking away people's liberties.... perhaps a blanket ban is harsh as maybe the odd few can really justify owning one so extremely harsh licensing would be better...

But it all gets a bit silly comparing sledge hammers and knives to a military weapon lol

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

C'mon mate...semi automatic assault rifles are an extreme piece of kit to go out and buy... 

As said I really am not into taking away people's liberties.... perhaps a blanket ban is harsh as maybe the odd few can really justify owning one so extremely harsh licensing would be better...

But it all gets a bit silly comparing sledge hammers and knives to a military weapon lol

i am not comparing a knife to a rifle to a rental van

they are all different inanimate objects being used to main,cause damage,inflict terror

when does a person stop when it comes to banning these objects? when does the list end?

its NOT the objects its the human being that uses the objects to inflict pain,death and terror

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Ted Newgent said:

i am not comparing a knife to a rifle to a rental van

they are all different inanimate objects being used to main,cause damage,inflict terror

when does a person stop when it comes to banning these objects? when does the list end?

its NOT the objects its the human being that uses the objects to inflict pain,death and terror

I agree mate.... I just think that a bit of kit like a semi auto assault rifle is not required by 90% of people, whether they hunt or not...so to buy one over the counter is a bit mad in my mind...

Like I said blanket ban possibly harsh but you'd need to produce a real good reason to own one I think..

24 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I agree mate.... I just think that a bit of kit like a semi auto assault rifle is not required by 90% of people, whether they hunt or not...so to buy one over the counter is a bit mad in my mind...

Like I said blanket ban possibly harsh but you'd need to produce a real good reason to own one I think..

i dont even have to drive to a shop

i buy online and its gets shipped by canada post to me.

there is your head just exploded lol

here in canada are awaiting for this liberal government to hammer in a full handgun and semi auto rifle ban very soon.

this was started with a bill to curb the ongoing drugs n gangs epidemic in toronto.

this bill of law does nothing but disarm the likes of me.

i am a bit grinchy at the moment,tired of BullSchit from governments

• Like 1
Just now, Ted Newgent said:

I was having a bit of a gun debate with a Canadian fella in the US a couple years back. I think he got the wrong end of the stick and thought I was anti gun. :laugh:

Anyway, he tied telling me that Canada has about the strictest gun laws of anywhere........... Bless him. Took me a while to get over that one and respond. :laugh:

• Haha 2
22 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

there is your head just exploded lol

here in canada are awaiting for this liberal government to hammer in a full handgun and semi auto rifle ban very soon.

this was started with a bill to curb the ongoing drugs n gangs epidemic in toronto.

this bill of law does nothing but disarm the likes of me.

i am a bit grinchy at the moment,tired of BullSchit from governments

No worries mate..I think we're all suffering from that!

Guns delivered by post eh!! I can't even get a sledge hammer in the post lol lol 

• Haha 1
44 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

banning them wont make a difference imo..

handguns were banned here after dunblane.....

you can pick up a hand gun with 50 rounds for a few hundred,shotguns off the ticket not even 50 notes...?

really I don't think there that common place.....all these crimes that get commited with the same handgun....leads me to believe there not that common.....and I cant remember an army type machine gun being used .....and look at all the black kids stabbing each other.....wouldn't they be using a handgun for £200 notes.....our recant terror attacks ..guys in cars ...or machete's .....not a machine gun ....leads me to think perhaps our gun laws have stoped that hapening

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, TOMO said:

really I don't think there that common place.....all these crimes that get commited with the same handgun....leads me to believe there not that common.....and I cant remember an army type machine gun being used .....and look at all the black kids stabbing each other.....wouldn't they be using a handgun for £200 notes.....our recant terror attacks ..guys in cars ...or machete's .....not a machine gun ....leads me to think perhaps our gun laws have stoped that hapening

Got to agree mate...

It's definitely far harder than over the counter or even on line!

3 minutes ago, dave88 said:

The minute a sledgehammer can fire 600+ rounds a minute I'm all for banning them

Not many semi autos can either. :whistling:

Ya old trigger finger would have a few poorly tendons after that sort of going! :laugh:

Edited by Born Hunter