W. Katchum

That time a year again

3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Life’s too short mate, hopefully I’ll die up there, tho not any time soon 😂

Better view than byeshot street anyway don..... tweet tweet mate

4 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Beautiful part of the World' anyone watch the Yorkshire Vet last night ?

The bloke from Boroughbridge had to push the full uterus / puddings of a cow back in after calfing' 

Now that's a proper vet in my book and the old lad who unblocked that  lambs Throat by blowing the tube .

Oh and draining all the fluid off that pony.

Very insightful show 👍

I remember when I was a kid finding a cow that just had a calve and everything came out with it an the farmer pushed it all back in an made a harness out of bailing twine to hold it all in, an the cow an calf lived

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jackthelad said:

Better view than byeshot street anyway don..... tweet tweet mate

You know pal ain’t life funny, growing up where we did I was always wanting the fcuk out there 😂 we was all that poor we was all chasing some sort a better life, I’m just seriously glad I aint one a the many that ended up on junk, in jail or deeded, not many of us made it out☹️ That’s part reason the money ain’t that big a deal to me, I’m just grateful I got out an got what I wanted😁 Fcuk they were good days tho but imagine all is growing up in a place like this 😁😂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

thanks for the photos mate

i miss this time of year back home.

there is just that smell of spring thats unforgettable

I always say the start a hunting season is me fave time a year but older I get the more time I spend sitting around enjoying spring😀

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I always say the start a hunting season is me fave time a year but older I get the more time I spend sitting around enjoying spring😀

yeah its a fab time of year

birds chirping

leaves budding on the trees

daffodils tulips and crocuses popping thru,maybe even smell the grass growing

• Like 3

11 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

Always remember your field maple 🤔

Done load a trees last year mate, this year tho I asked for hedges,  hopefully do some other bits an bobs to help local wildlife out😉

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ginger beard said:

I'm seriously thinking of changing jobs to something like what you do.

Been thinking the same last couple year but at 52 and knowing feck all about it I'd feel a fool rocking up asking for a job lol

• Like 1

Just now, Jackknife said:

Been thinking the same last couple year but at 52 and knowing feck all about it I'd feel a fool rocking up asking for a job lol

If ye willing to work pal then find somewhere an give it a bash.  Worst that will happen is they will say no, just tell em why ye want job. Truth is up here anyways we can’t get enough staff an the ones we do get we lucky if one out every few stick it. Got a lad round corner from me a start last year, lads done well an now jist handed in his notice to go labour for 150 a day working away😂😂 thinks grass gonna be greener but hey I was that age once, other lad only 16 been there over a year on an apprentice am goes college has done same, but thinks grass is greener going over to arable farming🤯

i can only speak for my boss an his family an the other farmers I know but most them would rather train you to do it there own way, as long ye sensible, willing but most importantly is reliable to us,  they may not take ye if they need experiences staff in a hurry but talk ye way in an tell me ye really wanna learn 😁😁 I started blagging my boss at interview an then doubted meself an told him truth an he laughed at me, asked me when I could start an I told him me boots were in motor😂

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

If ye willing to work pal then find somewhere an give it a bash.  Worst that will happen is they will say no, just tell em why ye want job. Truth is up here anyways we can’t get enough staff an the ones we do get we lucky if one out every few stick it. Got a lad round corner from me a start last year, lads done well an now jist handed in his notice to go labour for 150 a day working away😂😂 thinks grass gonna be greener but hey I was that age once, other lad only 16 been there over a year on an apprentice am goes college has done same, but thinks grass is greener going over to arable farming🤯

i can only speak for my boss an his family an the other farmers I know but most them would rather train you to do it there own way, as long ye sensible, willing but most importantly is reliable to us,  they may not take ye if they need experiences staff in a hurry but talk ye way in an tell me ye really wanna learn 😁😁 I started blagging my boss at interview an then doubted meself an told him truth an he laughed at me, asked me when I could start an I told him me boots were in motor😂

Funny where we end up mate blagged it myself 18 year ago been all over the country with it.... hard work never killed no one but bye feck it bends you into some qeer shapes!!

5BA0E72B-556D-41A8-920B-650055746E5B.jpeg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jackthelad said:

Funny where we end up mate blagged it myself 18 year ago been all over the country with it.... hard work never killed no one but bye feck it bends you into some qeer shapes!!

5BA0E72B-556D-41A8-920B-650055746E5B.jpeg

Bit blagging to get the job never harmed nae cnut 😂 ill gladly swap hard graft for peace an happyness any day pal😉😎

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Bit blagging to get the job never harmed nae cnut 😂 ill gladly swap hard graft for peace an happyness any day pal😉😎

Plenty peace were iam now boys fae down the road say it’s the place cnuts come tae die haha suits me mate after half a life of carnage n mayhem

Just now, jackthelad said:

Plenty peace were iam now boys fae down the road say it’s the place cnuts come tae die haha suits me mate after half a life of carnage n mayhem

Village my farm is in is one row a houses/farms an it gets called retirement row😂 I’m same an if ever I get the urge to feel the madness I just go visit ma granny an couple days up road an I’m itching to get back 😂