New Arrivals.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Collie bitch Liz has whelped 9 pups to my Collie Greyhound dog Dan, those that know me know I have been planning this cross for a while has I prefer more Collie than Greyhound in my dogs they suit

There was a very good colliex called patch the robber years ago if youse are talking daytime haredogs my mate owned him he was killing a good 15/20 hares a week daytime iam saying collie x as we only

12 years? I've got collars and leads I've had longer than that ffs. Who are you to tell someone they shouldn't breed their dogs? Especially someone who talks sensibly, not like the drivel you come out

Posted Images

I used to work two pure border collies to rabbits. I’ve had a fair few different mooching companions over the years and it’s not all about  catch rate for me, in fact these days I’m quite happy to see something get away.

Regarding speed........my springer x lurcher doesn’t look like a lurcher by any stretch of the imagination and doesn’t turn as tight, but she’ll catch more than a lot of other faster lurchers because in certain environments it’s not just about speed.....also I like a lurcher that can take a knock, has a good coat. She has good field craft and that goes a long way.

Edited by Shortstraw
  • Like 4
11 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Quite right just aining a birron it wi ya

Get a grip will you mate, your writing is starting to resemble fightingmad wildcamping bill's scrawlings! ? ?

• Haha 1
On 26/03/2019 at 16:57, Shortstraw said:

Regarding speed........my springer x lurcher doesn’t look like a lurcher by any stretch of the imagination and doesn’t turn as tight, but she’ll catch more than a lot of other faster lurchers because in certain environments it’s not just about speed.....also I like a lurcher that can take a knock, has a good coat. She has good field craft and that goes a long way.

Would you mind sticking a pic up mate? 

On 26/03/2019 at 17:04, 355mlredbull said:

I've a warrener dvd and there's a black dog on there looks almost full Collie ,I think it belong to the Stanleys ,it was a good ferreting and mouching dog ,any one else seen the film?

Abe Stanley was one of the best takers of game I ever see ,he had some cracking lurchers and always had couple jack r of the right kind ,

i had some fun with him over the yrs ,fishing ferreting ,lamping and he show me how to set snares and nets .he had a heart attack while picking some ferret kits up from a lad in next village ,sad day that ,he passed doing what he lived for though .

i was given his guns,dogs nets and all is kit .some of which I still use today twenty five yrs later .i never met a man like him since .

folk thout he was simple ,and some treated him bad but we became great friends .

i think it's john Stanley in the DVD

thats abes brouther 

• Like 2