New Arrivals.

3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

But out ferreting or hunting up reeds bed they do fill s bag mate, Iv done it, few have. Guy on here an another group I go on lamps a full collie an fills a bag, rats with an foes better than most terriers an it’s a master at ferreting. Depends what other jobs you want, I fancy a bit a lamping so would prefer summat with but more running dog but if me lampung days were over then it’s a no brainier, an I’d have another collie?

your still better with a half cross it will do all the jobs a colly will and more.

• Like 1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Collie bitch Liz has whelped 9 pups to my Collie Greyhound dog Dan, those that know me know I have been planning this cross for a while has I prefer more Collie than Greyhound in my dogs they suit

There was a very good colliex called patch the robber years ago if youse are talking daytime haredogs my mate owned him he was killing a good 15/20 hares a week daytime iam saying collie x as we only

12 years? I've got collars and leads I've had longer than that ffs. Who are you to tell someone they shouldn't breed their dogs? Especially someone who talks sensibly, not like the drivel you come out

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, two crows said:

your still better with a half cross it will do all the jobs a colly will and more.

True but it looks like what it is a lurcher and we all know getting permission with a lurcher can be tricky.

I'd have one of these if someone wants to donate one to me , and maybe drop it off to Northern Ireland as well lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, lifelong cumbrian said:

I was just thinking the other day, for the type of ferreting i do a 3/4 collie 1/4 whippet type should be ideal, just a little sharper hopefully to nab net slippers and should catch a few on lamp in small fields. my beddy whippet has little pace but done ok on short lamping trips in small fields. i like tractability and brains in a ferreting dog, the beddy whippet has loads of drive and knows the ferreting job but is a hard mouthed little fecker and you have to be on top of it all the time the young lurcher i have is a dream to handle in comparison.  Lurcher is 27" and is fantastic to handle but some of my permissions wont let me take him on, a real pity as he isnt a bit of bother.

I think most beddywhippets are the same loads of drive great for ferreting. mine compares with a crocodile for hard mouth. 

• Like 1

Lovely pups ? Best of luck with them all..I keep sheep so have full bred collies... I've not got the workload to use them just for sheep so I hunt with them as well, one dog  can go beating for a day the rest aren't gunshy but don't like it much..just mooching either day or night is sort of my thing .... if they can catch it they'll kill it I don't think rabbits are difficult for them, we,re lambing at min so they're out 24/7 with me, they see a Charlie round the shed he's done  .... I've had too many collies really and I've had ONE good one which is like gold to me, the rest all have had some thing bloody wrong with them in the head. 

• Like 7
41 minutes ago, Ptd87 said:

Lovely pups ? Best of luck with them all..I keep sheep so have full bred collies... I've not got the workload to use them just for sheep so I hunt with them as well, one dog  can go beating for a day the rest aren't gunshy but don't like it much..just mooching either day or night is sort of my thing .... if they can catch it they'll kill it I don't think rabbits are difficult for them, we,re lambing at min so they're out 24/7 with me, they see a Charlie round the shed he's done  .... I've had too many collies really and I've had ONE good one which is like gold to me, the rest all have had some thing bloody wrong with them in the head. 

my wife had 2 one of witch I shot with and my daughter had one, none of them were quite right either lol.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Ptd87 said:

It’s all down to the breeding pal, thanks for the kind words. Regards Collie John 

• Like 2