New Arrivals.

5 hours ago, Str said:

Yes I would like to know what Johns plans are for the future.collie John what are your future breeding plans? Are you going to wait and see how these pups get on ? Or have you something in mind already? 

I’ve been planning this litter for a long while, I’ve been after this type of cross for along time but no one else breeds Collie saturated type dogs and also I know how my dogs are bred and how they work they suit me and I need another dog Dan is 7 this time round, I’ve no other plans just let see how these get on. Regards Collie John 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Collie bitch Liz has whelped 9 pups to my Collie Greyhound dog Dan, those that know me know I have been planning this cross for a while has I prefer more Collie than Greyhound in my dogs they suit

There was a very good colliex called patch the robber years ago if youse are talking daytime haredogs my mate owned him he was killing a good 15/20 hares a week daytime iam saying collie x as we only

12 years? I've got collars and leads I've had longer than that ffs. Who are you to tell someone they shouldn't breed their dogs? Especially someone who talks sensibly, not like the drivel you come out

Posted Images

1 hour ago, colliejohn said:

I’ve been planning this litter for a long while, I’ve been after this type of cross for along time but no one else breeds Collie saturated type dogs and also I know how my dogs are bred and how they work they suit me and I need another dog Dan is 7 this time round, I’ve no other plans just let see how these get on. Regards Collie John 

Good luck john hope you get what you need out of your pup atb

• Like 1
7 hours ago, poxon said:

Not my cuppa T think they would be to slow for my ends as second chances are not given or offered but I think they would make handy dogs for any one wanting to start a line of collie greyhounds far better to use one of these as a stud if there working than half the so called working collies out there that only work a couple of pet sheep for trials I personally think this litter would make good breeding stock dogs tbh for anyone wanting to get a decent line of the ground for there needs 

Well said ,you have to start somewhere and for anyone wanting to produce collie line these be ideal ,

i think they work fine on dales etc,I see a reverse collie lurcher on Simon whitehead DVD and it looks a handy juckel ,like the owner of it said he don't need speed of a whippet on land he works and that's what it all comes down to .

the right x for land we work ,it stand no chance on golf course but up on the dales,hills it suits him .

i know lads gone out buy a pup with out thinking what land they going to run ,dog fails and they move to next dog ,on face book plenty young dogs for sale because owner didn't do is home work first ,

most of them would make good grafters with right person but they less and less right people about in lurcher game today .

mooch

• Like 2
3 hours ago, colliejohn said:

Cheers pal. Regards Collie John 

Have you made up your mind which pup you keeping cj .the dad looks s bit like the dog on run rabbit run DVD .

i wish you all the very best with them mate ,

b good to see a pic when they bit bigger,

atb

mooch

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Have you made up your mind which pup you keeping cj .the dad looks s bit like the dog on run rabbit run DVD .

i wish you all the very best with them mate ,

b good to see a pic when they bit bigger,

atb

mooch

Early days yet pal, not decided will wait another few weeks before I make a decision, my dog Dan is smaller than his sire and abit racier. Regards Collie John 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, colliejohn said:

I am not being negative to what your doing that's up to you, every time I breed a litter of cockers I consider very carefully my next move, I had until recently four generations down the bitch line I have used only studs I like work wise and whose blood makes it possible to widen my gene pool so I can bring back in a very good related dog, I have not bred a coursing dog for years I don't want to deal with the scum in the game at the moment, so I know its a bit different, but surely if you have been thinking about this for a while you must have more of a plan than see how this goes, if these are not good enough for whatever reason its 2/3 years before  you know for sure and can try again, all the best.

• Like 1

The plan is to keep these lines going pal I’ve got excellent bloodlines in my dogs on the Collie side and in the Collie Greyhound side it’s very hard on the Collie Greyhound side because I’m very particular and there’s not much out there what I like, I’m probably go down a different route to most lads with regards dogs I prefer more Collie than running dog blood in my dogs and to be honest I don’t know anyone else out there what breeds or keeps the type of dogs I work so I breed my own. Regards Collie John 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
On 21/03/2019 at 21:18, trenchfoot said:

They may not be everyones cuppa tea, but there's plenty moan about the lack of suitable collie studs for putting over pures or longdog type lurchers. Dogsbre and worked like collie Johns would be a damn good choice.

Totally agree with that mate, back to a grew or 3/4 grey 1/4 collie would be a x I would personally like...

Good luck with the pups John.

• Like 2

Good luck with the pups, i used a pure collie for ferreting years back, she suited me fine, caught the odd rabbit, but was a biddable marking dog for me and that was what i wanted. I think as you say it is a good type for a ferreter to have, loads of eyes on folk today and you wont get as much suspicion put on you with one one them. I will probably be having another collie next time i need a ferreting dog or maybe a kelpie. There will probably one or two in the litter go a bit more to the greyhound, maybe looking like a heavy half x. Some of the lighter framed collies are quite sharp anyway, for a ferreting ratching type your pups sound ideal. Please keep us informed on their progress in the field. ATB.

• Like 5

I was just thinking the other day, for the type of ferreting i do a 3/4 collie 1/4 whippet type should be ideal, just a little sharper hopefully to nab net slippers and should catch a few on lamp in small fields. my beddy whippet has little pace but done ok on short lamping trips in small fields. i like tractability and brains in a ferreting dog, the beddy whippet has loads of drive and knows the ferreting job but is a hard mouthed little fecker and you have to be on top of it all the time the young lurcher i have is a dream to handle in comparison.  Lurcher is 27" and is fantastic to handle but some of my permissions wont let me take him on, a real pity as he isnt a bit of bother.

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I’d prob try a 3/4 collie whippet type tbh if right litter popped up as the litter is just as important as the cross to me, I could make a dog to do what I want out most types, it’s just a matter of how well they do it ?

I think your right katch most crosses can do most things with patience, but I personaly think people are getting all romantic and dewey eyed over this, heart ruleing head sort of thing, any old mongrel will catch the odd rabbit given enough chances, but if your a hunting man they have to fill the bag at the end of the day, so why handicap yourself.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, lifelong cumbrian said:

Good luck with the pups, i used a pure collie for ferreting years back, she suited me fine, caught the odd rabbit, but was a biddable marking dog for me and that was what i wanted. I think as you say it is a good type for a ferreter to have, loads of eyes on folk today and you wont get as much suspicion put on you with one one them. I will probably be having another collie next time i need a ferreting dog or maybe a kelpie. There will probably one or two in the litter go a bit more to the greyhound, maybe looking like a heavy half x. Some of the lighter framed collies are quite sharp anyway, for a ferreting ratching type your pups sound ideal. Please keep us informed on their progress in the field. ATB.

Cheers pal will do. Regards Collie John