New Arrivals.

2 minutes ago, trenchfoot said:

They may not be everyones cuppa tea, but there's plenty moan about the lack of suitable collie studs for putting over pures or longdog type lurchers. Dogsbre and worked like collie Johns would be a damn good choice.

That's a very good point and at times in these modern days breeding fa just studs or broods ta beget the desired type sometimes a must,the breeding so off suitable heavy types that will produce far superior jukels are few and far between ,I like jukels bred from heavy line bred stuff ,that are then bred on ta the type desired they invariably produce the goods.atb bill

• Like 3

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Collie bitch Liz has whelped 9 pups to my Collie Greyhound dog Dan, those that know me know I have been planning this cross for a while has I prefer more Collie than Greyhound in my dogs they suit

There was a very good colliex called patch the robber years ago if youse are talking daytime haredogs my mate owned him he was killing a good 15/20 hares a week daytime iam saying collie x as we only

12 years? I've got collars and leads I've had longer than that ffs. Who are you to tell someone they shouldn't breed their dogs? Especially someone who talks sensibly, not like the drivel you come out

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Any cross could be good rabbit dog for each individual, what would I call a good rabbit dog , well anything catching consistently on all terrain ,in your post you seem to keep making out I’m stupid because I don’t think collie crosses make good rabbit dogs which isn’t what I said or tried to imply , if rabbits were my sole quarry I would own either a collie whippet grey ,or a 3/4 grey 1/4 collie  so it could consistently catch rabbits on any terrain, there is no way on earth I would own a collie  with 1/8 greyhound in it for catching rabbits it’s near enough a full collie and it wouldn’t stand a chance catching rabbit on the lamp or bushing or bolting to ferrets ( consistently)  yea if it got good at its game I could catch rabbits at the mouth of burrow and could pick rabbits up out of reeds and rough but it would be very limited on the terrain wich favoured the rabbit , you and collie John mite only ferret and a dog of this breeding may be ideal for you but it is as far from an all round rabbit dog as can be , 

That's all you had to say at the start ,

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, TOMO said:

I got a little bitch here ...bonnie...only 3/16 collie the rest greyhound and whippet.....wish I had a £! for every rabbit she missed up the dales I would be a rich man.....

as for hunting up read beds she does a cracking job.....with hardly any collie in her.....

just last Friday I was up there bolting to the dogs ....had fert with me....who has speedy line bred collie cross 25 ish at the shoulder....and a gwalch...a wesh fella with a speedy well put together bitch out of gaffa......ask either of them two about the rabbits we missed up the dales that day....plenty...

at the end of the day there johns pups and I wish him well with them....im sure as marking dogs and catching in the hole mouth they will do whats asked .....

but out and out runners.....there not catching them....that's where you need a running dog not a collie

The whippet greys are a type that have allways been successfully of catching free bolting coneys  th faster the ground the more suitable.we were using them forty five yrs ago it was just a normal easy discipline for the xs ,ped xs helps retain fast recovery .atb bill

On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 21:18, trenchfoot said:

They may not be everyones cuppa tea, but there's plenty moan about the lack of suitable collie studs for putting over pures or longdog type lurchers. Dogsbre and worked like collie Johns would be a damn good choice.

that's not why he bred them though is it, true though, I would be interested to know where this line goes next, by the way trench how are you these days.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Crackers said:

I wouldn’t have one given me lol ? horses for courses tho each to their own.. not for me..... good luck with them ????

Thanks pal and I wouldn’t be giving you one lol. Regards Collie John 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, two crows said:

that's not why he bred them though is it, true though, I would be interested to know where this line goes next, by the way trench how are you these days.

Yes I would like to know what Johns plans are for the future.collie John what are your future breeding plans? Are you going to wait and see how these pups get on ? Or have you something in mind already? 

20 minutes ago, Str said:

Yes I would like to know what Johns plans are for the future.collie John what are your future breeding plans? Are you going to wait and see how these pups get on ? Or have you something in mind already? 

back to a collie.....to get rid of the annoying greyhound traits ....:D

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
4 hours ago, two crows said:

Its not, but I'm not going to knock somebody breeding something that works for them. I spent decades knocking Saluki's and their crosses, but ended up with one. Where lurchers are concerned we should be grateful that there are still folk running, and proving stuff that could add to the more more mainstream, working lurcher.

I'm keeping well by the way TC. trying to juggle the shoots and working the dogs too is keeping me busy. Hope all is good down your end

• Like 2

Not my cuppa T think they would be to slow for my ends as second chances are not given or offered but I think they would make handy dogs for any one wanting to start a line of collie greyhounds far better to use one of these as a stud if there working than half the so called working collies out there that only work a couple of pet sheep for trials I personally think this litter would make good breeding stock dogs tbh for anyone wanting to get a decent line of the ground for there needs 

• Like 6