New Arrivals.

55 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Let me no when you want come down show me this wonder dog ?? Ay I’ll even pay your fuel money here and back if you catch half of what you slip 

also so let me no when you enter them in the sheep trials , I’ll bring my full pig babe , he’s a great sheep dog 

Dogs like these will need a slip lead. I've one similarly bred and often shes gone out, quartered ground, found and caught before most folk have finished scanning the field with a lamp. Theres more to lurchers than just slipping and big bags. Dont get me wrong, If I wanted to go out and catch on fast ground Id take my Saluki cross. But if stuff needs finding and hunting first and foremost I'd back my collie curs everyday of the week.And twice on Sundays.

• Like 1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Collie bitch Liz has whelped 9 pups to my Collie Greyhound dog Dan, those that know me know I have been planning this cross for a while has I prefer more Collie than Greyhound in my dogs they suit

There was a very good colliex called patch the robber years ago if youse are talking daytime haredogs my mate owned him he was killing a good 15/20 hares a week daytime iam saying collie x as we only

12 years? I've got collars and leads I've had longer than that ffs. Who are you to tell someone they shouldn't breed their dogs? Especially someone who talks sensibly, not like the drivel you come out

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

And show me were I said they can’t mark and not counting they will catch the odd bolted but who in the right mind thinks 1/8th collie is an all rounder 

Let’s see your all rounder? 

6 minutes ago, fred90 said:

look at the chap on here bolting to his whippets & grew. also big lad & his little helper in the dales. do you seriously believe a near on full collie would catch even a small percentage of what there dogs do bolting to the dogs? 

Ok fred do you think you think they need super speed to catch a bolted rabbit on the dales 

Edited by Blackmag
3 minutes ago, trenchfoot said:

Dogs like these will need a slip lead. I've one similarly bred and often shes gone out, quartered ground, found and caught before most folk have finished scanning the field with a lamp. Theres more to lurchers than just slipping and big bags. Dont get me wrong, If I wanted to go out and catch on fast ground Id take my Saluki cross. But if stuff needs finding and hunting first and foremost I'd back my collie curs everyday of the week.And twice on Sundays.

So would you call a 1/8th collie a all rounder 

1 minute ago, Blackmag said:

Ok fred do you think you think there speed to catch a bolted rabbit on the dales 

you need speed to catch a bolted rabbit anywhere. all this talk of easy rabbits they don't just sit and wait for the dog. I have never ferreted the dales but my money would be on the dogs mentioned the collie would get no where near them. 

2 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Ok fred do you think you think there speed to catch a bolted rabbit on the dales 

Them dales rabbits slow as shite on lamp . As for bolted a dog what noes it’s trade will no where to be and pick a rabbit befor it’s made a yard , but what happens when it’s made 5 yards ? I doubt very much a dog of nearly full collie blood would even catch at least half of what it ran 

2 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

So would you call a 1/8th collie a all rounder 

If you re read the other fella said allround RABBIT dog not all rounder but I would have to agree that a dog 7/8 collie isn't going to be catching many rabbits on fast ground  

2 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

What does an all rounder have to do to earn the name. 

To me personally? 

An an all rounder ( just rabbits) would have to catch rabbits consistently on all terrain, be it in the day bolted rabbits ,hunted up rabbits ,lamped rabbits ,bushes rabbits  

I fail to see a 1/8th collie catching consistently on all terrain , I have no doubt that it could find rabbits in Reed beds and cover and catch the odd few and also catch the odd few bolsters , but I don’t believe a 1/8th collie could catch consistently on the lamp and  if a rabbit had a fair start in any form of hunting I think a near enough full collie won’t have the speed to get to it ..

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Busher100 said:

If you re read the other fella said allround RABBIT dog not all rounder but I would have to agree that a dog 7/8 collie isn't going to be catching many rabbits on fast ground  

So surely it’s not an all round rabbit dog if it can’t catch on all terrain in all forms of hunting , 

I got a little bitch here ...bonnie...only 3/16 collie the rest greyhound and whippet.....wish I had a £! for every rabbit she missed up the dales I would be a rich man.....

as for hunting up read beds she does a cracking job.....with hardly any collie in her.....

just last Friday I was up there bolting to the dogs ....had fert with me....who has speedy line bred collie cross 25 ish at the shoulder....and a gwalch...a wesh fella with a speedy well put together bitch out of gaffa......ask either of them two about the rabbits we missed up the dales that day....plenty...

at the end of the day there johns pups and I wish him well with them....im sure as marking dogs and catching in the hole mouth they will do whats asked .....

but out and out runners.....there not catching them....that's where you need a running dog not a collie

• Like 12
1 hour ago, Elchapo said:

Let me no when you want come down show me this wonder dog ?? Ay I’ll even pay your fuel money here and back if you catch half of what you slip 

also so let me no when you enter them in the sheep trials , I’ll bring my full pig babe , he’s a great sheep dog 

Is that an open offer chapo I'll come tale some of them bunnys ?