New Arrivals.

23 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Excuse my ignorance but surely they are not allround rabbit dogs as surly all round rabbit dogs mean catching in all manners of work surly these arnt going to be catching rabbits consistently on lamp and in the day unless your rabbits are very slow or am I missing something ? 

I bet they'll have some tricks up their sleeves for making their catches, fast off the mark aswell

• Like 1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Collie bitch Liz has whelped 9 pups to my Collie Greyhound dog Dan, those that know me know I have been planning this cross for a while has I prefer more Collie than Greyhound in my dogs they suit

There was a very good colliex called patch the robber years ago if youse are talking daytime haredogs my mate owned him he was killing a good 15/20 hares a week daytime iam saying collie x as we only

12 years? I've got collars and leads I've had longer than that ffs. Who are you to tell someone they shouldn't breed their dogs? Especially someone who talks sensibly, not like the drivel you come out

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Excuse my ignorance but surely they are not allround rabbit dogs as surly all round rabbit dogs mean catching in all manners of work surly these arnt going to be catching rabbits consistently on lamp and in the day unless your rabbits are very slow or am I missing something ? 

I don't think your missing anything. they are virtually collies and how many collies do you know with speed to catch rabbits. people underestimate how fast short run rabbits are more so in the daytime. 

33 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

I bet they'll have some tricks up their sleeves for making their catches, fast off the mark aswell

You must have seen some real fast collies then or realy slow rabbits , no amount of tricks is going to help a collie catch a rabbit that’s running flat out in opist direction unless you running them rabbit up north we’re they all have a death wish lol 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

You must have seen some real fast collies then or realy slow rabbits , no amount of tricks is going to help a collie catch a rabbit that’s running flat out in opist direction unless you running them rabbit up north we’re they all have a death wish lol 

I haven't seen any collies or any rabbits, I just come out with any old shit 7/8 of the time 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

CJ has said he’ll be using them for mooching, lamping and ferreting which they’ll not have a problem with so where’s the issue. Best of luck with the litter John. ?

Edited by dogmandont
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Elchapo said:

I think he means the dog should be trained to ferret , bush , work nets and puck up the odd squatter on the lamp, not so much the numbers game but the odd rabbit or other stuff for their tea,an all rounder .

4 minutes ago, fred90 said:

one minute we have threads saying Mike brown whippets are slow and now all you need is a collie. you couldn't make it up. ffs. 

Why’s everyone not using full greyhounds then? That’s right they’re to fast. Your right ye couldn’t make it up. Lol. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

CJ has said he’ll be using them for mooching, lamping and ferreting which they’ll not have a problem with so where’s the issue. Best of luck with the litter John. ?

Who said there’s an issue I’m giving my opinion wich I’m entitled to same as youn, options are like arseholes everyone has one 

32 minutes ago, milliken said:

there is a fella local to me who lamps with a springer spaniel and he catches a few as I see him walking up the road with the odd couple and my bets would be on a collie over a springer

Yea fair enough then if your springer dog could catch acouple fair enough but you wouldn’t breed it to another spaniel if you wanted the pups to lamp rabbits