Toyota Hilux Recall

I got a recall notice in the post about the airbag on my Hilux. Apparently in an accident, it could explode and spray metal shrapnel round the cabin, risking serious injury.

It doesn't say what years are affected, but it might be worth checking if you have one and aren't the first owner as you won't get the notice in the post. ?

Had the same on a Nissan X Trail came with a diagram of where the bits might fly. With pictures of the shrapnel that could hit you. Must be the same part I recon. Had it done few months back only took an hour and they wash my car Lol.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

the problem is not with any car maker, it`s the company that makes airbags for them so will cover many manufacturors and models, last major recall for airbags was something to do with the humidity in the factory altering the burn rates of the propellant making the firing off of the airbag too explosive, (bit like using the wrong sort of powder in centre fire cases) how they measure these things is beyond me, when the system works correctly by the time your head hits the steering wheel in an accident the bag is supposed to be fully inflated and actually going down

I had the same letter for a Nissan Xtrail I recently got rid of I had to let them know where I sold it.

I’ve got a Land Cruiser now so far it’s been amazing I’ve just returned from a 600 mile round trip to Dartmoor it didn’t miss a beat and some of the roads I was accessing were only what I would call an excuse for a road lol.