Starting up again

Hello all this is my first post so go easy on me, i used todo ferreting when i was in my early teens and really enjoyed it but as life and kids come along i had to stop but the feeling never really went. Now im alot older and have my own house etc i want to get back into it, i remeber a fair bit on how todo it and the kit i need etc but for the life of me i cant remember when kits start showing for sale. Im after two hobs(that what i used to have and found they where great workers) so my question is when do people start selling so i can get the hutch etc ready thank you :)

1 hour ago, fred90 said:

Big majority of kits around July. you get a few earlier and later but that's main month. 

Thanks mate

1 hour ago, The one said:

Be a load available soon mate but do you really  want to get back into it there's a shortage of rabbits 

Yeah part of it is just being out there tbh

35 minutes ago, Lee farrington said:

Welcome back.  I should be having a litter around may time. I'm also forum the south east, so there shouldn't be much traveling 

Cheers if you could pm me nearer the time and maybe we can take it from there im based in sussex :)

Stetchy I'm thinking I'm breeding a really good gill this year I have, I will willing gift you a hob if she throws one. trouble is I'm in Devon, But if you promise to look after it and if she throw one its yours for nowt. Iv'e some hemp nets I don't use now some 30 years old if that  would help some made by one of my lads who has gone on, but like wise if a promise of looking after them keeping dry etc. Then they are yours. PM me.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Lee farrington said:

Welcome back.  I should be having a litter around may time. I'm also forum the south east, so there shouldn't be much traveling 

1 hour ago, Arry said:

Stetchy I'm thinking I'm breeding a really good gill this year I have, I will willing gift you a hob if she throws one. trouble is I'm in Devon, But if you promise to look after it and if she throw one its yours for nowt. Iv'e some hemp nets I don't use now some 30 years old if that  would help some made by one of my lads who has gone on, but like wise if a promise of looking after them keeping dry etc. Then they are yours. PM me.

Cheers Arry

Good craic seeing people helping others gents