Opinions on the Norfolk lurcher?

the Old travellers always had good dogs hence the word traveller I could chase 20 hares near my house when I was young every field had plenty in it we used to get droped off buy a lad way a local  in a black cab only two of us only 4 mile from my house walk home there was enough gear to run any dogs  I can still seee every dog and chase when I go buy  I once found a big hairy lurcher going for my mate soaked anyway asked him who’s  dog it was he says bring it see how it goes it killed 4 hares I took it home gave him a dry off rub down I noticed he had a sits on his chest we burst it and put a poltice on it  I feed him up and took him out he was a machine killed plenty hares on returning home there was bout 6 cars outside my house lads looking for dog travellers I gave them big dog back that was the start of me George friendship he offered me the same dog a few weeks later I done he right thing he new I was decent I took him to a few good local places he had cracking coursing dogs pit bulls terriers Wheaton x lurchers Irish terriers the  lot we had some great fun he be probably dead now Irish a great stock man I liked him he was different from your average joe blogs ✊✌️

• Like 5

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the thread was about mick duglas ......think hes been dead a good few years now ...he bred dogs back in the 80's folk are getting confused with jeff burrel ...who breeds Norfolk ..and tumblers...

you know though ...I read them tales of the old gamkeepers books....and a few other ones older......and they all complained about how tuff it was etc.....but then when you looked at what they got.....

Well that's fuckun gratitude for you isn't it, Jeff's spent the last 800 years of his life refining this line, and you can't come up with less than one pound note per year for a pup be fukced 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Did the pup go on to make a grafter ,

back then it was about making due with what you got ,not saying they wasn't better or worse than juckels today .but no way would they b all the xs ya see today ,and if you did find a pup other side uk it was sent by train ,never see parents just taken the mans word they are what he says .

to many dogs are given up on far to early today ,it wouldn't have happened so often back then.

like man it would have to earn its keep ,just the way it should be .

the dogs haven't changed so much but the folk who keep them 

yes all good dogs, mick paid the £5 stud fee and took a pup as repayment, he bought another, witch I had back a week or two later, (my dad swap my one for some pigeon eggs) the one I got back was as good a dog as I ever saw she took hares 3's 4's 5's, although back then you know I dint know that was owt special, all that family of dogs did it, mick later found god and became a Christian, a nicer man you would never meet.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bearfoot said:

the Old travellers always had good dogs hence the word traveller I could chase 20 hares near my house when I was young every field had plenty in it we used to get droped off buy a lad way a local  in a black cab only two of us only 4 mile from my house walk home there was enough gear to run any dogs  I can still seee every dog and chase when I go buy  I once found a big hairy lurcher going for my mate soaked anyway asked him who’s  dog it was he says bring it see how it goes it killed 4 hares I took it home gave him a dry off rub down I noticed he had a sits on his chest we burst it and put a poltice on it  I feed him up and took him out he was a machine killed plenty hares on returning home there was bout 6 cars outside my house lads looking for dog travellers I gave them big dog back that was the start of me George friendship he offered me the same dog a few weeks later I done he right thing he new I was decent I took him to a few good local places he had cracking coursing dogs pit bulls terriers Wheaton x lurchers Irish terriers the  lot we had some great fun he be probably dead now Irish a great stock man I liked him he was different from your average joe blogs ✊✌️

You can meet some good lads in running dog game ,I've also met some I'd never give time of day to .

dont matter were we come from they good and bad in us all .

most the old travelers good honest folk mainly it's just a few that give them bad name.

mooch

• Like 1

He had what i needed new blood most people close the door as soon as its opened most its half shut before its opened others it's always nailed shut there is very few people I look up to in life only 2 infact both ive known for over 40 years 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Everyone's on about using the best stud dog for the job in the local area years ago but I bet back then crap bitches didn't get kept to breeding age or get bred from too?

I bet your right, these days lads breed from average bitches through sentimentality hoping the stud will sort faults out it wont. 

On 27/03/2019 at 10:57, TOMO said:

I grew up not far from whitwell........and lost a dog there back in the 80's went over the quarry edge chasing a rabbit....I was gutted...

whitwell not far from Welbeck estate ..I did 6 month there on a yts working with the keepers....84 that was just as the strike ended

Weird folk from them parts. Thats where im from ??

Capture+_2019-03-27-20-21-50~2.png

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Who said:

Weird folk from them parts. Thats where im from ??

Capture+_2019-03-27-20-21-50~2.png

deffo them lot ....spirites......we classed ourselfs as from Mansfield....only 3 mile from us mansfield

• Haha 1
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 19/03/2019 at 19:34, Chaff said:

This is JBs brothers dog mate is taking his bitch to be lined soon as she ready.

38168752_1127343267431050_1632679796930510848_n.jpg.6ef5c4263553a026cc26c1b484862331.jpg

Hi,

is this dog still available for stud? I have a bitch from Jeff Burrell lines a couple of generations back which looks just like him.

Thanks 

chris