Opinions on the Norfolk lurcher?

if he was just for running and later breeding lurchers he maybe wasn't registered. Ours with similar hand written peds also have a printed slip from the kennel club with you as registered keeper and numbers etc

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the thread was about mick duglas ......think hes been dead a good few years now ...he bred dogs back in the 80's folk are getting confused with jeff burrel ...who breeds Norfolk ..and tumblers...

you know though ...I read them tales of the old gamkeepers books....and a few other ones older......and they all complained about how tuff it was etc.....but then when you looked at what they got.....

Well that's fuckun gratitude for you isn't it, Jeff's spent the last 800 years of his life refining this line, and you can't come up with less than one pound note per year for a pup be fukced 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Gilbey said:

if he was just for running and later breeding lurchers he maybe wasn't registered. Ours with similar hand written peds also have a printed slip from the kennel club with you as registered keeper and numbers etc

princes dam has a kc number so that can be checked not that it maters rely, our saluki flash went to a pure bitch as well as lurchers, and none of his pure offspring were bred from according to the archives, but I think that is most unlikely, not every thing gets registered, I had a pure in the eightys with no papers real good dog he ran like a lurcher and bred some usefull first crosses,  it was about the time frenchy was bragging luke off as the best pure in the country lol, mine was called luke as well and i remember thinking he aint got the best one cos I have, my luke ran nine hares one day in feb and killed seven he was some dog.

• Like 3

cant help with numbers mate.

you've got me thinking about peds, think my crossbred goes back to Cruise twice, McKenzie salukis 11 times and more salukis that I don't know, and some folk with these crab salukis lol

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

cant help with numbers mate.

you've got me thinking about peds, think my crossbred goes back to Cruise twice, McKenzie salukis 11 times and more salukis that I don't know, and some folk with these crab salukis lol

I have made no secret of my thoughts if you could possibly work out percentages, these line bred dogs are almost pure saluki, pretty  much the only out crosses have only been to pures for years.

The sam dog was faster than a whippet greyhound he had the speed of a pure greyhound the best hare dog I ever seen was bought of a traveller a big 80lb  27inch bitch called Bess   my mate bought her she looked like a pure greyhound way a tiny squint in her eye her breeding was unknown   g the traveller had a few real.good dogs over the years lurcher terriers whippet Wheaton  bulls I often wonder ware her ended up people over think things in my book Sam was 28inch big dog jump like a stag Bess was killed chasing a hare jumpted straight onto a Harris she was around 5 or 6  then both top class animals in my book at the top of there  game not much if anything got away .

11 minutes ago, Bearfoot said:

The sam dog was faster than a whippet greyhound he had the speed of a pure greyhound the best hare dog I ever seen was bought of a traveller a big 80lb  27inch bitch called Bess   my mate bought her she looked like a pure greyhound way a tiny squint in her eye her breeding was unknown   g the traveller had a few real.good dogs over the years lurcher terriers whippet Wheaton  bulls I often wonder ware her ended up people over think things in my book Sam was 28inch big dog jump like a stag Bess was killed chasing a hare jumpted straight onto a Harris she was around 5 or 6  then both top class animals in my book at the top of there  game not much if anything got away .

Any pictures of either of these 2 mate?

There will be loads somewhere I never owned them I was just lucky enough to watch them run both dogs I'd happily get  a few grand for in this current climate Sam be the dog for me Bess just a daytime haredog big Sam kill anything a real all rounder heart in the mouth stuff ?my type 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, two crows said:

princes dam has a kc number so that can be checked not that it maters rely, our saluki flash went to a pure bitch as well as lurchers, and none of his pure offspring were bred from according to the archives, but I think that is most unlikely, not every thing gets registered, I had a pure in the eightys with no papers real good dog he ran like a lurcher and bred some usefull first crosses,  it was about the time frenchy was bragging luke off as the best pure in the country lol, mine was called luke as well and i remember thinking he aint got the best one cos I have, my luke ran nine hares one day in feb and killed seven he was some dog.

Old pal a mine used gingers Luke over his lurcher ,in these here parts,the breeding did not Nick ,nothing special from the breeding sometimes it how it his .atb bill

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bearfoot said:

There will be loads somewhere I never owned them I was just lucky enough to watch them run both dogs I'd happily get  a few grand for in this current climate Sam be the dog for me Bess just a daytime haredog big Sam kill anything a real all rounder heart in the mouth stuff ?my type 

Sound good animals mate always good to see the special ones you’ll never forget I’ve only seen a handful but when you do see a gooden you know it’s a realen

5 minutes ago, billhardy said:

Old pal a mine used gingers Luke over his lurcher ,in these here parts,the breeding did not Nick ,nothing special from the breeding sometimes it how it his .atb bill

i cant remember seeing a gooden of him, but i am sure some must of been ok, but i think a lot of lukes pups were not his, good old ginger.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hi, I have a Norfolk Lurcher, I don't hunt with him because he lives up to his name: he's Norfolkin' good at catching anything except a few zeds on the sofa. He's a beautiful soul though, a great house dog. But you probably don't give a toss about that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, Spicerlife said:

Hi, I have a Norfolk Lurcher, I don't hunt with him because he lives up to his name: he's Norfolkin' good at catching anything except a few zeds on the sofa. He's a beautiful soul though, a great house dog. But you probably don't give a toss about that.

Of course we do, that's all we do, doss about on the day bed and post fanciful comments ?

8 hours ago, Spicerlife said:

I for one care a lot about about it 

Edited by Black neck
To daft
On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 21:14, billhardy said:

I had a first cross out of Gingers Luke and I am convinced GF luke was not a pure saluki tbh.