Opinions on the Norfolk lurcher?

10 minutes ago, two crows said:

just wondered if you or any one else knew the correct names for any of the early pures as in prince? or any others that may have been used to see if there is a conection

Check out the Seagull thread i've just put up TC ?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the thread was about mick duglas ......think hes been dead a good few years now ...he bred dogs back in the 80's folk are getting confused with jeff burrel ...who breeds Norfolk ..and tumblers...

you know though ...I read them tales of the old gamkeepers books....and a few other ones older......and they all complained about how tuff it was etc.....but then when you looked at what they got.....

Well that's fuckun gratitude for you isn't it, Jeff's spent the last 800 years of his life refining this line, and you can't come up with less than one pound note per year for a pup be fukced 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Check out the Seagull thread i've just put up TC ?

chears its a long old slog lol I will have a look just to add I had a tendon opp on my shoulder last week so cant go nowhere so time not a problem lol.

Edited by two crows
  • Like 1
On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 10:59, two crows said:

just wondered if you or any one else knew the correct names for any of the early pures as in prince? or any others that may have been used to see if there is a conection

Prince's ped. Think a few were from same man

Edited by Gilbey
  • Like 1
33 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_imageproxy.gif

thanks for that mate our dog was flash his ped name was caleb of xeros born 1961 his sire was springbarn sandpiper who appears in this ped as gt gt grandsire and a gt gt gt grand sire so a good link to present day coursing dogs. just to add the dam to flash was Anastasia of daxlore and there are some daxlore dogs also in this ped cheers.

Edited by two crows
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Daisy the destroyer said:

Thanks everyone for opinions and information only reason I asked is I have a pup bred down 4/5 generations starting from mick Douglas Norfolk lurcher lines and was just wondering what their all about as looking forward to seeing how this pup turns out he’s only 6/7 months old atm and hasn’t seen a thing will he waiting till next season before he does much,will he used mainly for ferreting and lamping rabbits but what I’ve read on here he should have potential the 4/5 generations on his dams side we’re all A1 workers so he should be alright??

Should make a good pot filler ,just got put time game in front of them.

1 hour ago, Daisy the destroyer said:

Thanks mate I’ll try my best with him and if he ends up SHIT then that’s the chance I took lol?

Google jack Hargrave lurchers ,should b a bit about what's a true lurcher and footage from lambourn show .

it don't matter what anyone else says ,it's only got to please you .

good luck 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Gilbey said:

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_imageproxy.gif

just for interest there are some quite bad spellings on here for an official document but I was able to sort that however I cant find any record of the dam shown and the only 1 offspring sowing on the breed archive for the mating of witchtouch alibaba and nazim yezedi and that was male and not bred from but rest of ped adds up cheers

the saluki archive isn't done by the kennel club, its just done by owners I think, I've seen a few mistakes on there and all dogs aren't on it.

but yes your right and the name "Jamie" isn't like a usual pedigree name. Also I've seen a better pic of the ped where the rip has been lined up better, think in a Darcy book

• Like 1