Opinions on the Norfolk lurcher?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the thread was about mick duglas ......think hes been dead a good few years now ...he bred dogs back in the 80's folk are getting confused with jeff burrel ...who breeds Norfolk ..and tumblers...

you know though ...I read them tales of the old gamkeepers books....and a few other ones older......and they all complained about how tuff it was etc.....but then when you looked at what they got.....

Well that's fuckun gratitude for you isn't it, Jeff's spent the last 800 years of his life refining this line, and you can't come up with less than one pound note per year for a pup be fukced 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Moocher71 said:

Good few yrs ago .Aubrey fryer

any body able to put the picture of Aubrey fryer and his Norfolk lurcher,thats in david hancocks book Lambourn, some good pictures of the lurchers that were about in those days in that book.

1 hour ago, grompz said:

any body able to put the picture of Aubrey fryer and his Norfolk lurcher,thats in david hancocks book Lambourn, some good pictures of the lurchers that were about in those days in that book.

39467396_709778196042007_7006485432498126848_n.jpg

39514975_709778682708625_8818713850451853312_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
21 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Busher have you ever kenneld one of Geoff b dogs, if not have you see any work .?

i ask because a lot of folk to quick to jump on band wagon calling next mans stuff .and if you can not answer yes to the above then how on earth can you call them sh@t.

i don't like the man ,but the dogs I've seen from his line tick all the boxes .

like to hear from lads who have run them ,

spme yrs when Burrell not long out a life long friend a mine acquired two different yrs not same time ,the tan black blue saddled back was down right crazy ,the brindle he acquired struggled ta catch a coney,.they got a be better now he introduced coursing blood plus platts deerhound blood ,thing his it won't be Burrell breeding these ,he just refers folk on its like a club of a good few that keep the type ,I have no doubt there will be some good uns about ,they probably back on track has they were in the seventies .real lookers though seen a few modern lines they breed and they look ta be either collie deerhound grey type and some beddy deerhound grey type with that look of beardie or Picardy or both mixed in .this the the thing mixing these types tomorrow yesterday or fifty  yrs back ,they throw an indistinguishable type phenotype replicas.atb bill

• Thanks 1

A guy I used to work for had a dog that was meant to be a Norfolk spit of the dog in the pic big ole hairy thing and was good on all edible iam a dry stone Waller so this thing was with me everyday for about 8 year and in that time it put some game to bed

• Like 2