Opinions on the Norfolk lurcher?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the thread was about mick duglas ......think hes been dead a good few years now ...he bred dogs back in the 80's folk are getting confused with jeff burrel ...who breeds Norfolk ..and tumblers...

you know though ...I read them tales of the old gamkeepers books....and a few other ones older......and they all complained about how tuff it was etc.....but then when you looked at what they got.....

Well that's fuckun gratitude for you isn't it, Jeff's spent the last 800 years of his life refining this line, and you can't come up with less than one pound note per year for a pup be fukced 

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Daisy the destroyer said:

Are they genuinely shit mate?? what makes you say that?

11 hours ago, Busher100 said:

Shit

Busher have you ever kenneld one of Geoff b dogs, if not have you see any work .?

i ask because a lot of folk to quick to jump on band wagon calling next mans stuff .and if you can not answer yes to the above then how on earth can you call them sh@t.

i don't like the man ,but the dogs I've seen from his line tick all the boxes .

like to hear from lads who have run them ,

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Busher have you ever kenneld one of Geoff b dogs, if not have you see any work .?

i ask because a lot of folk to quick to jump on band wagon calling next mans stuff .and if you can not answer yes to the above then how on earth can you call them sh@t.

I have one and a few mates the ones I have seen are all honest working dogs, I only use mine for rabbits but his siblings are doing more, but unlike me these boys are real keen to put quarry in front of their dogs 5+ days a week.

Think as with all working lurchers if you want a good one then you have to work just as hard as they do, to put gear in front of them.

Tough dogs as well

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

A Mick Douglas bred lurcher from over 35 years ago would have loved to have known the exsact breeds in the cross. 

2010-09-28 11.23.00.jpg

The 4 or 5 of them i saw 20 years ago all looked exactly the same as that.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Chaff said:

I have one and a few mates the ones I have seen are all honest working dogs, I only use mine for rabbits but his siblings are doing more, but unlike me these boys are real keen to put quarry in front of their dogs 5+ days a week.

Think as with all working lurchers if you want a good one then you have to work just as hard as they do, to put gear in front of them.

Tough dogs as well

I've seen a couple that I'd b proud to own ,you only get out what you put in .

good to hear from some one who works the type ,

9 hours ago, Chaff said:

Can't get the pictures off this link but some old Ivor Lee dogs, same blood as the dog above. So seems both Jeff and Mick were using Ivor's dogs

https://m.(!64.56:886/LurcherAndTumblerCompanions/photos/pcb.1295778767254165/1295778680587507/?type=3&source=49&__tn__=EH-R

he's just comparing them ain't he? Doesn't say he used his dogs or that Steamer is the same blood

long way back but the coursing blood goes back to IL's dogs. Can't think of any proper woolly's that don't.....

Edited by Gilbey
  • Like 1
48 minutes ago, downsouth said:

The 4 or 5 of them i saw 20 years ago all looked exactly the same as that.

Only seen two in the flesh over 30 years ago and were like peas in a pod I would guess they must have been line bred to produce a stamp of dog with hardly any variation colour wise and stature.

2 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Lad I go out with had one for a short while I don't know if it came from Jeff Burrell or mick Douglas never asked but he said It was a Norfolk lurcher it wasn't much good on anything otherthan rabbits