Opinions on the Norfolk lurcher?

2 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

I should have wrote getting confused with. JB and MD. Not the original post but some of the replies. Unless the 2 lines are the same in which case it is me is confused, my apologies.

I’m not sure what you mean but no worries fella I don’t really know much about the breed just doing abit of research and seeing what everyone’s opinions are on them.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the thread was about mick duglas ......think hes been dead a good few years now ...he bred dogs back in the 80's folk are getting confused with jeff burrel ...who breeds Norfolk ..and tumblers...

you know though ...I read them tales of the old gamkeepers books....and a few other ones older......and they all complained about how tuff it was etc.....but then when you looked at what they got.....

Well that's fuckun gratitude for you isn't it, Jeff's spent the last 800 years of his life refining this line, and you can't come up with less than one pound note per year for a pup be fukced 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Daisy the destroyer said:

?and definitely wouldn’t put rubbish to rubbish for me now it’s gotta be a bitch and a dog with a couple good seasons under their belt before I think about breeding them.

Same here pal seasoned worker to worker.I’ve no problem breeding for my self gifting a couple out to friends to work an putting the rest to sleep via a vet saves people having pups from me An doing wrong by them or them ending up on the merry go round f**k breeding for money I’m not in to dogs for financial gain my last litter I bred was a eye opener to the amount of bull shitting working an none working dog people out there people say why bother breeding...simple answer is for keeping honest bred dogs were I know the breeding is correct for my needs alone am wanting my own breeding 

the thread was about mick duglas ......think hes been dead a good few years now ...he bred dogs back in the 80's

folk are getting confused with jeff burrel ...who breeds Norfolk ..and tumblers......any body want any info on them ..just phone the number on the adds ...hes very happy to chat to folk...

• Like 7
  • Haha 7
4 minutes ago, TOMO said:

the thread was about mick duglas ......think hes been dead a good few years now ...he bred dogs back in the 80's

folk are getting confused with jeff burrel ...who breeds Norfolk ..and tumblers......any body want any info on them ..just phone the number on the adds ...hes very happy to chat to folk...

yes  you are spot on in what you say tommo, mick douglas the fenman must be a damn good age if he is still about,was areal character in the 80s used to walk the land barefooted and was a very well educated man ,who escaped the rat raceto live on the fens with his family and  lurchers, phil Lloyd did a story on him and the dogs many years ago in the old shooting news, don't think phil was too impressed by him at the time.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, TOMO said:

Yes mate that’s who I’m on about mick Douglas and his old breed of Norfolk lurchers as an uncle of mine had 2 from his line 

2 hours ago, Daisy the destroyer said:

Yes mate that’s who I’m on about mick Douglas and his old breed of Norfolk lurchers as an uncle of mine had 2 from his line 

He passed away a few year ago now mate, don't know anything about the dogs MD had, but there's no shortage of dogs been taken to the flat land of East anglia to test their mettle, have a look on here there's a few topics on what you're asking

Mick was known as the marshman not the fenman as he lived out in the middle of the marshes in Norfolk.I had a little bitch about 20years ago bred out of a pals 2 Norfolk type lurchers bred down from stuff he'd had from Mick over the years.A really super intelligent biddable little thing that would have been perfect for someone that wanted a rabbiting,ferreting,mooching dog.Met Mick plenty of times as he used to come down and stay on his boat with his dogs not far from me.Also had a few days up on his marsh coursing and he'd always come out whatever the weather dressed in denim dungarees,shirt undone half way down and f**k all on his feet and walk the marsh with us letting his old bitch swiftney quarter the marsh marking hares in their seats for us.She would return to his side when he called her so we could run out and slip on them but the couple of times he let her run she made my mates fen dogs look daft for the first part of the coarse.He was also a very intelligent articulate man who i believe lectured at local collages.He passed away 4 or 5 years ago now.

• Like 8
4 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Mick was known as the marshman not the fenman as he lived out in the middle of the marshes in Norfolk.I had a little bitch about 20years ago bred out of a pals 2 Norfolk type lurchers bred down from stuff he'd had from Mick over the years.A really super intelligent biddable little thing that would have been perfect for someone that wanted a rabbiting,ferreting,mooching dog.Met Mick plenty of times as he used to come down and stay on his boat with his dogs not far from me.Also had a few days up on his marsh coursing and he'd always come out whatever the weather dressed in denim dungarees,shirt undone half way down and f**k all on his feet and walk the marsh with us letting his old bitch swiftney quarter the marsh marking hares in their seats for us.She would return to his side when he called her so we could run out and slip on them but the couple of times he let her run she made my mates fen dogs look daft for the first part of the coarse.He was also a very intelligent articulate man who i believe lectured at local collages.He passed away 4 or 5 years ago now.

Think he wrote a book ,going of subject ,i new a lad that never wore anything on his feet,snow rain sun never wore shoes of any kind .

Be nice to see the bulldozer influence that was spoke about the one I seen 25 years ago crossed to the greyhound was a weapon I bet the lads we raced could remember him ?race I mean made a c**t off ?no money was ever betted that’s a mugs game