Opinions on the Norfolk lurcher?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the thread was about mick duglas ......think hes been dead a good few years now ...he bred dogs back in the 80's folk are getting confused with jeff burrel ...who breeds Norfolk ..and tumblers...

you know though ...I read them tales of the old gamkeepers books....and a few other ones older......and they all complained about how tuff it was etc.....but then when you looked at what they got.....

Well that's fuckun gratitude for you isn't it, Jeff's spent the last 800 years of his life refining this line, and you can't come up with less than one pound note per year for a pup be fukced 

Posted Images

Fella reckons his dogs go back hundreds of years and are the ultimate poachers dog but he does not even work dogs and breeds just for profit, I would save yourself the heartache of having to get rid of a jacker and get a pup from parents doing what you want the pup for

2 minutes ago, Busher100 said:

Fella reckons his dogs go back hundreds of years and are the ultimate poachers dog but he does not even work dogs and breeds just for profit, I would save yourself the heartache of having to get rid of a jacker and get a pup from parents doing what you want the pup for

I have a puppy from an old line of breeding which my uncle bred they started from 2 Norfolk lurcher mike Douglas bred, this pups got about 4/5 generations on the one side going back to that breeding so was just wondering everyone’s opinions on them? Il see how he turns out every dog from his line has been worked and proved their selves so hopefully he can do it aswell

My 2 pence worth is there just Lurchers An there do the same as any other lurcher will do but the title Norfolk Lurcher means an stands for nothing in this day an age there same as any other bitza Lurcher to Lurcher bred dog in my eyes of dubious breeding my opinion An that’s all it is is the title Norfolk Lurcher was a sales pitch but long as you can get it doing a bit An your happy with him/her who cares (Lurcher to lurcher breeding is the way forward pal)

Edited by poxon
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, poxon said:

My 2 pence worth is there just Lurchers An there do the same as any other lurcher will do but the title Norfolk Lurcher means an stands for nothing in this day an age there same as any other bitza Lurcher to Lurcher bred dog in my eyes of dubious breeding my opinion An that’s all it is is the title Norfolk Lurcher was a sales pitch but long as you can get it doing a bit An your happy with him/her who cares (Lurcher to lurcher breeding is the way forward pal)

Yeah I suppose it’s just the title no different then if I put Kentish lurcher on pups if I bred them if it ever kicked off?but yes definitely lurcher to lurcher breeding is the way forward for good alrounders I think I am looking to breed my own line in years to come it’s just finding the right proven dog and bitch to put together and hope the litter clicks 

7 minutes ago, Busher100 said:

From the ads I seen him post they mainly aimed at pet homes if it's just rabbits your after they will probably do  

7 minutes ago, Busher100 said:

From the ads I seen him post they mainly aimed at pet homes if it's just rabbits your after they will probably do  

That’s all I mainly do is rabbits mate anyway,never seen one of his ads he must advertise in the countryman’s weekly?

Just now, Daisy the destroyer said:

Yeah I suppose it’s just the title no different then if I put Kentish lurcher on pups if I bred them if it ever kicked off?but yes definitely lurcher to lurcher breeding is the way forward for good alrounders I think I am looking to breed my own line in years to come it’s just finding the right proven dog and bitch to put together and hope the litter clicks 

?no difference what so ever mate ??definitely Lurcher to Lurcher worker to work is the way forward that’s it mate best option to keep your own gear for your needs I’ve started doing the same It’s the way forward 

1 minute ago, poxon said:

?no difference what so ever mate ??definitely Lurcher to Lurcher worker to work is the way forward that’s it mate best option to keep your own gear for your needs I’ve started doing the same It’s the way forward 

?and definitely wouldn’t put rubbish to rubbish for me now it’s gotta be a bitch and a dog with a couple good seasons under their belt before I think about breeding them.