Feckin clowns

My son and i where out ferreting this morning a farm on a quiet estate and i thought it was funny the dogs where going past the burrows with out a mark , then we found out why there where pegged snares set in the mouth of the burrows , This place has big sandy burrows i use 4 foot nets 20 meshes wide then we started picking up nets after we got home i measured them 2 foot 10 inches long and 12 meshes wide no wonder they left them but the pegs where meat skewers LOL 

• Like 1

I dont mind folk taking the rabbits in fact i like it i get the credit for a good job , but these clowns just wise up the rabbits and then they wont bolt again  and its a bugger digging there as the burrows run to 10 foot  and in sand its a thankless task . and anybody that knows anything about wires puts them in the mouth of burrows the rabbit just push past them 

9 minutes ago, brambles said:

Ever thought it might just be young lads setting out on their rabbiting future and making similar mistakes that we have all made

No up here where you have to pass a snaring course and there numbers on every snare peg mate