Beddy whippet breeders

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

one there for sale any good to you 

There every seasons ‘must have’ by the sounds of it ?

As I’ve stated before how will you know if it’s an f1 because most bedlington terriers that work as a cross in them to start atb

Posted Images

23 hours ago, poxon said:

It’s the way forward Troyboy ??Gives just that little more height an gears to play with  if I was to have another that’s probably the round I’d go down for them rabbits 

If I was 10years younger I would get a grew and put a bedlington across it had one 30 years ago never seen no more about seen plenty beddy whippets x greys but no beddy x  grew

• Like 1
1 hour ago, fred90 said:

first cross beddy greyhound are as rare as rocking horse shit. why do you think that is. must be a reason? 

1 hour ago, fred90 said:

first cross beddy greyhound are as rare as rocking horse shit. why do you think that is. must be a reason? 

I have said this there loads of greyhounds about if the cross is so good why arent there plenty about there are loads of beddy whippets even if some are shit the same with the collie greyhound

• Like 1
4 hours ago, coco said:

As I’ve stated before how will you know if it’s an f1 because most bedlington terriers that work as a cross in them to start atb

The bedlington started as a cross any way before it become standardised as a breed rather than a type so what difference does it make kind of ironic that people with bedlingtons are trying An failing to breed back to dogs of old An how they were back in the day that were half decent but you can get a modern cross bred bedlington that will do the job that the bedlington can’t ? your point was originally about size give over fella even with kc bedlingtons they can’t control size up to 19tts ?if it looks like a bedlington An does what a bedlington is claimed to be it’s a bedlington a true type one at that not none of this kc stuff only a piece of paper pall stands for out with Lurchers.....lucky 

• Like 2

not got a problem with outcross or beddy type. if it looks like a bedlington & does what a bedlington should. do you think the problem is the greyhound? how many people keep a greyhound for work. not much use for anything but breeding. you have to first get a greyhound then get rid of it after.plenty of people with good working whippets it's much easier breeding with a dog you already own and work. maybe better with a non ped which are part grew anyway? 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, poxon said:

The bedlington started as a cross any way before it become standardised as a breed rather than a type so what difference does it make kind of ironic that people with bedlingtons are trying An failing to breed back to dogs of old An how they were back in the day that were half decent but you can get a modern cross bred bedlington that will do the job that the bedlington can’t ? your point was originally about size give over fella even with kc bedlingtons they can’t control size up to 19tts ?if it looks like a bedlington An does what a bedlington is claimed to be it’s a bedlington a true type one at that not none of this kc stuff only a piece of paper pall stands for out with Lurchers.....lucky 

All working bedlington have out x to pat lakey or summat not that long back 

Yep I went and said it 

3 hours ago, poxon said:

I wouldn't want poodle in a running dog lol?be careful lots of beddies are bastardtised with it

• Like 2
7 hours ago, troyboy17 said:

If I was 10years younger I would get a grew and put a bedlington across it had one 30 years ago never seen no more about seen plenty beddy whippets x greys but no beddy x  grew

old boy by me swears by them....been having them off same person for over 30 yrs ,waited 5 yrs for his current bitch ,I get a pic and put it up?

• Like 2
9 hours ago, poxon said:

I’d take a f1 bedlington greyhound over any bedlington whippet any day of the week even if it was off a breeder ?id pay my money take my chances 

Beddy greyhound whippet would be my choice did you phone that boy with the beddy grews?

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

Beddy greyhound whippet would be my choice did you phone that boy with the beddy grews?

Not yet mate I will do as soon as .im currently sorting moving to a farm thanks for sorting me the number will defo call him as soon as I get a min

48 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I wouldn't want poodle in a running dog lol?be careful lots of beddies are bastardtised with it

What I was trying to get at as a point about bedlington types is this most people that out cross is because something is lacking ie saying they want a dog for ground work as a instance so they out cross an it produces a dog that does the job in hand yet a kc is so hit an miss here is a question for you Dan boi I know your answer honest from a work man point of view 

If you had to take a bedlington x on as a working dog let’s say f1 bedlington x greyhound As a mix bag dog 

A) kc bedlington that the owner walks around with An does a bit of bushing or possibly ferreting with x ex track greyhound 

B )a good hard bedlington out cross that gets to ground does a bit and don’t mind finding above and getting involved  x to ex track greyhound 

I know what I’d take all day long