Beddy whippet breeders

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

one there for sale any good to you 

There every seasons ‘must have’ by the sounds of it ?

As I’ve stated before how will you know if it’s an f1 because most bedlington terriers that work as a cross in them to start atb

Posted Images

On 18/03/2019 at 11:44, fred90 said:

what is your reason for a reverse cross? what does it bring to the table over a first cross or straight beddy? 

i did play with the idea of putting her back to a bedlington ,make ideal rabbiting dogs .most my work is rabbits .

i think a good grew or a beardy x grey would also make good tuff all rounder put to bedy grey .

im feeling my age now though and it's getting harder to tramp the fields how I did few yrs ago so I'm thinking tinker will b my last lurcher ,she's still a pup and plenty seasons to go .i ain't in no rush with her ,done all that yrs ago now I'm happy just filling the pot ,

atb mooch

• Like 1

it's your choice. I only really work rabbits and value hunting up, working cover, hedgerows, brambles and above all marking more than anything. but I do like a dog quick enough to catch rabbits and reverse crosses don't look quick enough for me. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, fred90 said:

it's your choice. I only really work rabbits and value hunting up, working cover, hedgerows, brambles and above all marking more than anything. but I do like a dog quick enough to catch rabbits and reverse crosses don't look quick enough for me. 

They ain't quick enough and that's it

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Black neck said:

They ain't quick enough and that's it

All depends on the ground you work .i think a reverse bedy grey would make good rabbit dogs .im not saying they for every one .world b a sad place if we all like same stuff.

atb

14 hours ago, fred90 said:

I value all the above in my juckel that's why I got bedy grey ,most my rabbiting is done along double hedges full of brambles and I need a juckel with good nose,jacket,feet,fast anufe to take a bolter and be able to work with the busher.

i think a reverse bedy grey look like bedy whippet size ,maybe bit stronger,and only thing you loose is a bit of speed.

IMG_0687.JPG

36 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

I value all the above in my juckel that's why I got bedy grey ,most my rabbiting is done along double hedges full of brambles and I need a juckel with good nose,jacket,feet,fast anufe to take a bolter and be able to work with the busher.

i think a reverse bedy grey look like bedy whippet size ,maybe bit stronger,and only thing you loose is a bit of speed.

IMG_0687.JPG

Stupid question mooch Why reverse bred if the dog you have now will do the job you want as that’s why you went for that cross in the first place it’s almost like saying it’s incapable of doing what I originally got the dog for so I’ll backwards step it to try to correct/fix the error I made to make it right. This is not me trying to crank you or trying to be a clown ?or out  but the dog you have there fits the bill for what you say you need for what you’ve described that’s what it’s bred for being a f1 master of none type with more opportunities/experience  in the job you require your dog will master it’s technique to how you like to hunt an what you expect from the dog if that makes any sense no need to backward step to de invent the wheel as the wheel is already in motion 

32 minutes ago, poxon said:

Stupid question mooch Why reverse bred if the dog you have now will do the job you want as that’s why you went for that cross in the first place it’s almost like saying it’s incapable of doing what I originally got the dog for so I’ll backwards step it to try to correct/fix the error I made to make it right. This is not me trying to crank you or trying to be a clown ?or out  but the dog you have there fits the bill for what you say you need for what you’ve described that’s what it’s bred for being a f1 master of none type with more opportunities/experience  in the job you require your dog will master it’s technique to how you like to hunt an what you expect from the dog if that makes any sense no need to backward step to de invent the wheel as the wheel is already in motion 

Your right .it was just a thought really ,I was sitting thinking what I'd put over her, if and when she's proved herself .and if I was ten yr younger.

she's doing every thing I ask of her ,and I have no complaints .

atb 

mooch

Edited by Moocher71
5 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Your right .it was just a thought really ,I was sitting thinking what I'd put over her, if and when she's proved herself .and if I was ten yr younger.

atb 

mooch

Only as young as the woman ya feel fella ??Never to old it’s having active dogs that require a good time out on the land that keeps us active fit An keen an young it’s when we admit we’re getting long in the tooth that we physically An mentally want to slow up and admit it’s time for slower dogs 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, poxon said:

Only as young as the woman ya feel fella ??Never to old it’s having active dogs that require a good time out on the land that keeps us active fit An keen an young it’s when we admit we’re getting long in the tooth that we physically An mentally want to slow up and admit it’s time for slower dogs 

Its not just about me mate ,my misses very poorly ,she loves the dogs used to go coursing with me,ferreting etc .but it's always been about my addiction lol,

now it's time spend more time doing things she likes as well .she soon get fed up of me and I'll hear "you going ferreting"then ,or are we going kelmarsh lol .

atb

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Jordyferreter said:

How’s it bred? Don’t have fb 

Don't no nowt about dog seen you was asking so put it up , by sounds of it lad been messed about , someone you no will have fb put name in his profile will come up send a message pal , looks nice beddy whippet cheap to put time in over summer ready come season ?