Beddy whippet breeders

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

one there for sale any good to you 

There every seasons ‘must have’ by the sounds of it ?

As I’ve stated before how will you know if it’s an f1 because most bedlington terriers that work as a cross in them to start atb

Posted Images

5 hours ago, troyboy17 said:

I have said this there loads of greyhounds about if the cross is so good why arent there plenty about there are loads of beddy whippets even if some are shit the same with the collie greyhound

I personally recon it’s more down to ease of just lining a whippet more than any thing Troyboy most these people that have whippets have a bedlington kicking about I mean they don’t take up much room doing litters of bedlington x whippets being a small x far less room than having cast greyhounds kicking about that only come in season every year we’re as whippets are some times twice a year more bang for the buck  

• Haha 1

Hi there I’m new to this site as a member always had a look at threads on a night just not signed up , anyway I bought a bull whippet x beddy grey on a whim from someone who new someone who new someone else etc . Not normaly what I do but I needed a lurcher and no close friends had any at that time I picked him up at 8/9 weeks old , after seeing and hearing things about beddy x lurcher I thought what have I done after never having a beddy breed. I bought it from over near Todmorden and honestly the best chance I have ever taken I have had some really really sh*t dogs in the past but this dog shows real potential at 3 months old after his second jabs jabs I thought I’d take him out and stretch his legs I took along my trusty spring air rifle incase of a squirrel sitting nice up in cover , to cut long story short I knocked one out of the tree about 20 yards away and the dog ran without even a noise off me and brought it back to my feet after a bit of pulling to get it out of its mouth lol , it’s currently 5 month old jumping great and killing every cat on the street lol . I have taken it out with a friends bull whippet for a couple of rabbits never let it slip just let it watch I will let you know how it goes they are really loyal dogs I would highly recommend one I know I’ve only had one for 4 months but you know when you know when it’s a good one , I would very much like to say it would tackle a Charlie too in the future , nice strong obiedient dog none of this stupid head strong bull x stuff Cheers , 

gaz 

8028EB8D-863D-41CA-8776-AF1B93466558.jpeg

1 hour ago, poxon said:

What I was trying to get at as a point about bedlington types is this most people that out cross is because something is lacking ie saying they want a dog for ground work as a instance so they out cross an it produces a dog that does the job in hand yet a kc is so hit an miss here is a question for you Dan boi I know your answer honest from a work man point of view 

If you had to take a bedlington x on as a working dog let’s say f1 bedlington x greyhound As a mix bag dog 

A) kc bedlington that the owner walks around with An does a bit of bushing or possibly ferreting with x ex track greyhound 

B )a good hard bedlington out cross that gets to ground does a bit and don’t mind finding above and getting involved  x to ex track greyhound 

I know what I’d take all day long 

a B for me P?

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

Hi there I’m new to this site as a member always had a look at threads on a night just not signed up , anyway I bought a bull whippet x beddy grey on a whim from someone who new someone who new someone else etc . Not normaly what I do but I needed a lurcher and no close friends had any at that time I picked him up at 8/9 weeks old , after seeing and hearing things about beddy x lurcher I thought what have I done after never having a beddy breed. I bought it from over near Todmorden and honestly the best chance I have ever taken I have had some really really sh*t dogs in the past but this dog shows real potential at 3 months old after his second jabs jabs I thought I’d take him out and stretch his legs I took along my trusty spring air rifle incase of a squirrel sitting nice up in cover , to cut long story short I knocked one out of the tree about 20 yards away and the dog ran without even a noise off me and brought it back to my feet after a bit of pulling to get it out of its mouth lol , it’s currently 5 month old jumping great and killing every cat on the street lol . I have taken it out with a friends bull whippet for a couple of rabbits never let it slip just let it watch I will let you know how it goes they are really loyal dogs I would highly recommend one I know I’ve only had one for 4 months but you know when you know when it’s a good one , I would very much like to say it would tackle a Charlie too in the future , nice strong obiedient dog none of this stupid head strong bull x stuff Cheers , 

gaz 

Wonder if you’ll get many people to bite 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Wonder if you’ll get many people to bite 

I’m not trying to get a bite I’ve had a few bull crosses you just get a bit sick of head strong ones eventually I’ve had some excellent ones and some terrible bull crosses I just want a nice alrounder not trying to start arguments 

If I had of thought about it I wouldn’t of bought it to be fair , I normally go for bigger tackle myself but just from seeing it as a pup I know it’s right I’ve got a 3 month old daughter at home and will sit beside her and not move till someone knocks at the door would not like to say what it would be like outside as dog theft near me Is rife at the minute cheers lads will post some vids when it get going 

57 minutes ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

gaz 

Morton gaz needs your words of wisdom regarding beddy xs please enlighten him 

• Haha 1