The rise in popularity of bedlington/greyhound x collie/greyhound

27 minutes ago, poxon said:

Just go with the flow fella I ain’t got a clue what half the people on here are on about on here it’s behind a screen so we’re all experts 

Well done mate I see your a natural at the nonsensical 

• Thanks 1

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bedlington grey/ collie grey, if i could go back and pick one of the dogs i have had over the years this would be it

Why spoil a beddy cross with collie cant understand it  sounds a good cross people seem to think they need collie for brains all they bring is tyre biteing habits ???

I think the only breed where I would have an f1 cross would be a grew.... wouldn't entertain an f1 cross collie...beddy..deer...sal...bull.. every one of the above thows a more versatile lur

Posted Images

7 hours ago, poxon said:

Noticed lately there seems to be a rise in popularity of people asking about bedlington/greyhound x collie/greyhound litters or pups available wonder why people are asking about this cross? 

What are your thoughts on the cross?

Depends on what your working them on I think this cross are ideal rabbiting dogs clever hardy little dogs with plenty of speed and aggression the brains coming from the collie the hardy ness and aggresion from the bedlington and the speed and aggression from the greyhound.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, myersbg said:

Bedlington grey/ collie grey, if i could go back and pick one of the dogs i have had over the years this would be it329764067_Scan_20190111(4).png.9b5838145a866f6f44f14e8f08a7729c.png

Nice looking lurcher have you still got the bedlington?.

6 hours ago, nothernlite said:

Why spoil a beddy cross with collie cant understand it  sounds a good cross people seem to think they need collie for brains all they bring is tyre biteing habits ???

I don't think brains is all collie brings a think it gives a bit of stamina aswell if yer use r8 animals

• Like 1

Run a mixture of this cross years ago like any other type you get can get good ones and bad ones . I remember my mate giving one to a well known terrier man from Doncaster about 37 years ago that had a bad habit of yapping wile chasing and tbh the bitch was not a patch on similar bred lurchers I owned at the time .

7 hours ago, nothernlite said:

??why spoil a good cross with a demented one??

Personally id never touch feck all with collie in it again....my youngster never switches off/relaxes its a f***ing nightmare,paranoid as hell and very temperamental...beddy cross all the way next time.I suppose if you know the collie used its a different matter....either way id rather go without a dog at all ...

• Like 2

I think bedy greyhound f1 as got everything a good lurcher should have, brains,good feet,coat ,stamina and great nose.

i asked the lad who bred my pup if he would x anything else into his bedy greyhounds.

"what's the point in that ,you get no better than first x ."they have all I need ""

and he ain't in it for money .

and to be honest I think he was right.

my girl coming along just fine .

IMG_0670.JPG

IMG_0672.JPG

• Like 3
55 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

I think bedy greyhound f1 as got everything a good lurcher should have, brains,good feet,coat ,stamina and great nose.

i asked the lad who bred my pup if he would x anything else into his bedy greyhounds.

"what's the point in that ,you get no better than first x ."they have all I need ""

and he ain't in it for money .

and to be honest I think he was right.

my girl coming along just fine .

IMG_0670.JPG

IMG_0672.JPG

100% mate cracking dog