The rise in popularity of bedlington/greyhound x collie/greyhound

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bedlington grey/ collie grey, if i could go back and pick one of the dogs i have had over the years this would be it

Why spoil a beddy cross with collie cant understand it  sounds a good cross people seem to think they need collie for brains all they bring is tyre biteing habits ???

I think the only breed where I would have an f1 cross would be a grew.... wouldn't entertain an f1 cross collie...beddy..deer...sal...bull.. every one of the above thows a more versatile lur

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Black neck said:

What a horrible man 

Thanks ritchie of here done that cross and has cracking dogs from that litter was thinking of going down that line myself in a coulpe years same as any cross get the right parents and your happy 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, poxon said:

I’m going just on what I’ve seen on some of the fb groups I’ve been on mainly on bedlington groups or for sale An wanted groups there’s been a rise in people asking 

I’ve noticed over the last 5yrs or more people wanting a drop of collie blood in there bull lurcher it’s a strange one ain’t it people say collie xs are shit but they want to add the blood to a hard dog 

Good and bad in all crosses, the right collie or beddy blood is a good addition to the mix.

I prefer collie because they suite me, its a persons preference what he/she likes to work/run at the end of the day or night though. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Good and bad in all crosses, the right collie or beddy blood is a good addition to the mix.

I prefer collie because they suite me, its a persons preference what he/she likes to work/run at the end of the day or night though. 

Definitely fella 

28 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

Why spoil a beddy cross with collie cant understand it  sounds a good cross people seem to think they need collie for brains all they bring is tyre biteing habits ???

You will buckle to a drop of collie in your bedlington xs mate mark my words it will happen even if it’s a out cross to what your already keeping for the job you do as bedlington blood can only go so far on the limited resources that are out there that are actually decent 

No need to add straight beddy the line i have access to just added outcross thats what bruce came from hence the height good working beddie over a 29ttsgreyhound so no need to add a outcross for a while i wouldnt mind putting a collie cross over my we bitch but would have whippet in them and would be a 1/4 cross collie 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, nothernlite said:

No need to add straight beddy the line i have access to just added outcross thats what bruce came from hence the height good working beddie over a 29ttsgreyhound so no need to add a outcross for a while i wouldnt mind putting a collie cross over my we bitch but would have whippet in them and would be a 1/4 cross collie 

Bull terrier probably better choice 

12 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

What would you hope the out come would be if you put a collie cross over your we bitch fella 

1 hour ago, poxon said:

Just to Chuck a spanner in the works mine An your pups brother got 4th at crufts for the cross breed obedience that crufts started doing this year for the first time hopefully that should discredit us abit as blokes that keep working dogs ?

Bloody hell that's something haha 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

Bull beddy crosses are handy dogs no doubt about it but this thread isnt about that ??

If the law was different an i was out for 1 quarry only this would be my flavour 

28 minutes ago, poxon said:

What would you hope the out come would be if you put a collie cross over your we bitch fella 

Just a thought that's all dogs i have just suit me fine so might not bother might just put my on dog over her cause that flavour suits me ?

• Like 2