The rise in popularity of bedlington/greyhound x collie/greyhound

1 hour ago, Moocher71 said:

I think bedy greyhound f1 as got everything a good lurcher should have, brains,good feet,coat ,stamina and great nose.

i asked the lad who bred my pup if he would x anything else into his bedy greyhounds.

"what's the point in that ,you get no better than first x ."they have all I need ""

and he ain't in it for money .

and to be honest I think he was right.

my girl coming along just fine .

IMG_0670.JPG

IMG_0672.JPG

Nice looking dog fella. I personally don’t think the f1 as it all like people lead people to believe far better 2nd crosses or a line bred bedlington x I think people are romancing still on yeasteryear of legend f1s or talk a good hunting dog of yesteryear. but the fella is going to say that as he puts litters of f1s on the ground regular for people to buy. not in it for money give over pal the blokes put more litters of f1 on the ground than I’ve had hot dinners and he’s not done it at a loss on his pockets that’s a fact unless your the gullible type 

• Haha 1

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bedlington grey/ collie grey, if i could go back and pick one of the dogs i have had over the years this would be it

Why spoil a beddy cross with collie cant understand it  sounds a good cross people seem to think they need collie for brains all they bring is tyre biteing habits ???

I think the only breed where I would have an f1 cross would be a grew.... wouldn't entertain an f1 cross collie...beddy..deer...sal...bull.. every one of the above thows a more versatile lur

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, poxon said:

Nice looking dog fella. I personally don’t think the f1 as it all like people lead people to believe far better 2nd crosses or a line bred bedlington x I think people are romancing still on yeasteryear of legend f1s or talk a good hunting dog of yesteryear. but the fella is going to say that as he puts litters of f1s on the ground regular for people to buy. not in it for money give over pal the blokes put more litters of f1 on the ground than I’ve had hot dinners and he’s not done it at a loss on his pockets that’s a fact unless your the gullible type 

i dont know how he could be earning a thing from the pups when you think about the costs of feeding a healthy litter of pups.

he was asking 150 and he gave me £20 back for good luck .

i went to see few litters of different xs of bedlington lurchers and thee the best I could find .

dogs in his kennel all in good condition,clean kennel.

also a mate as a pup from last litter and it's earning its keep .

25 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

i dont know how he could be earning a thing from the pups when you think about the costs of feeding a healthy litter of pups.

he was asking 150 and he gave me £20 back for good luck .

i went to see few litters of different xs of bedlington lurchers and thee the best I could find .

dogs in his kennel all in good condition,clean kennel.

also a mate as a pup from last litter and it's earning its keep .

Mate I’m not trying to call ya dog or out it’s your dog your feeding it long as your happy with it That’s all that matters I was just pointing out that’s the cross they breed to sell so there going to say nothing else is needed in the mix or it’ll damage future sales if they point out that something else is needed I’m not contesting there set up or out like I said there breeders if they weren’t making money they wouldn’t keep needing to put litters on the ground regular if it was a breeding just to get a pup for there selfs I used to see there pups up at 200 an some times 250 so you got a bargain ??

Edited by poxon
37 minutes ago, poxon said:

Mate I’m not trying to call ya dog or out it’s your dog your feeding it long as your happy with it That’s all that matters I was just pointing out that’s the cross they breed to sell so there going to say nothing else is needed in the mix or it’ll damage future sales if they point out that something else is needed I’m not contesting there set up or out like I said there breeders if they weren’t making money they wouldn’t keep needing to put litters on the ground regular if it was a breeding just to get a pup for there selfs I used to see there pups up at 200 an some times 250 so you got a bargain ??

I get what your saying about breeders,some a lot worse than others .

shes doing everything I ask and I have no complaints upto now .

I'd happily give him 130 for a pup of this sort if I was looking for a bedy greyhound pup again .

she defo a bargain .

atb mooch

Edited by Moocher71

Having seen the good and bad of both crosses over the years and you can pick fault with any cross  and a lot I  think without causing offence comes down to the handlers and there interest in whatever cross there running and how to run and handle them  because they will know more  than me about what they have  but I knew of  a minshaw bitch to a beddy grey my mate picked up in Carlisle died early but what a prospect she had everything good strike retrieve and was a clever runner on whatever she ran personally I would rather own something with a bit of everything but she certainly stood out and opened a few eyes 

• Like 3

Lets face it we all have our favoured crosses, stereotypes spring to mind, collies pick their runs , beddys open up, saluki crosses are brain dead, most of that is bullshit. What is not often said is are you good enough as an owner or a trainer for that type of dog. Like most on here i made mistakes that i should not have, but i learnt from them and had some good results, The beddy grey collie grey i now own was a result of a fair bit of planning, and im glad i took my time and went down that route it worked for me. ATB.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, nothernlite said:

Whys that johnTo good a dog for him??

Wouldn’t know never seen it work pal, and has you know they ain’t best of pals so I very much doubt Matthew would ever go down that route plus like I’ve said on numerous occasions that line of Moormans has quite a few breeds in it so they could throw anyway. Regards Collie John 

23 hours ago, Black neck said:

Tbf mate I'm an old hand at talking bollox but was put to shame by ot off here his understanding of gibberish is second to none 

Don't put yourself down blacky, O T might well talk more gibberish on here than all of us, but I think you understand more of it. Chin up fella ? ?

I think the only breed where I would have an f1 cross would be a grew....

wouldn't entertain an f1 cross collie...beddy..deer...sal...bull..

every one of the above thows a more versatile lurcher with other breeds in the mix....

• Like 7
34 minutes ago, TOMO said:

every one of the above thows a more versatile lurcher with other breeds in the mix....

Its a strange because i agree with what your saying but some of them first x saluki greyhounds come with a good bit of fire that you dont see too much of in the hybrids

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TOMO said:

Snap

5 hours ago, TOMO said:

I recon a whippet over one of mine would throw a decent F1, bring a little more stamina to the mix than some  F1 grews.

• Like 1