The rise in popularity of bedlington/greyhound x collie/greyhound

Noticed lately there seems to be a rise in popularity of people asking about bedlington/greyhound x collie/greyhound litters or pups available wonder why people are asking about this cross? 

What are your thoughts on the cross?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bedlington grey/ collie grey, if i could go back and pick one of the dogs i have had over the years this would be it

Why spoil a beddy cross with collie cant understand it  sounds a good cross people seem to think they need collie for brains all they bring is tyre biteing habits ???

I think the only breed where I would have an f1 cross would be a grew.... wouldn't entertain an f1 cross collie...beddy..deer...sal...bull.. every one of the above thows a more versatile lur

Posted Images

scruffy is the future lol. I was out with my black plonker this morning His snout hit the floor and I could see what was coming and tried to put him on a stop but too late. Few seconds later he was a black spec going over the horizon. Full on is not the word. Scruffy and a bit more laid back for me next time 

• Like 1

I’ve found the cross a pleasure to own really easy going easy to train to a high level if needs be an make good loyal all round hunting dogs if the right ingredients are used an it gels definitely a master of none type tryer of all can’t really see my self owning another type/cross tbh 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

Lots of non working ones about these days and I think where alot of places are getting hot on the ground wondering round with a gert big bullx is attention not wanted and may be a fashion thing or a faze 

Just to Chuck a spanner in the works mine An your pups brother got 4th at crufts for the cross breed obedience that crufts started doing this year for the first time hopefully that should discredit us abit as blokes that keep working dogs ?

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, poxon said:

Just to Chuck a spanner in the works mine An your pups brother got 4th at crufts for the cross breed obedience that crufts started doing this year for the first time hopefully that should discredit us abit as blokes that keep working dogs ?

A good scruffy un will always beat a good smart un

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, joe ox said:

That cross was popular 30 to 40 year ago, cant say I've noticed it becoming more popular over the last few years.

Collie, Bull, Grey has started becoming more popular recently.

I’m going just on what I’ve seen on some of the fb groups I’ve been on mainly on bedlington groups or for sale An wanted groups there’s been a rise in people asking 

I’ve noticed over the last 5yrs or more people wanting a drop of collie blood in there bull lurcher it’s a strange one ain’t it people say collie xs are shit but they want to add the blood to a hard dog 

52 minutes ago, terryd said:

scruffy is the future lol. I was out with my black plonker this morning His snout hit the floor and I could see what was coming and tried to put him on a stop but too late. Few seconds later he was a black spec going over the horizon. Full on is not the word. Scruffy and a bit more laid back for me next time 

scruffy doesn't get you laid back either. my little mutt has great recall and obedience but once on something I haven't a monkey's trumpet of stopping her. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, fred90 said:

scruffy doesn't get you laid back either. my little mutt has great recall and obedience but once on something I haven't a monkey's trumpet of stopping her. 

Aye same.  Mine came back as fast as he went straight at me. What a good lad I though then he flew straight by me heading for some farm building where we had seen a charlie but he was on a lead at the time ? But I managed to apply the breaks that time

• Like 1