I have a tunnel. It's holds heat better than the glass so you can start seeds earlier if you wish.

Put a door each end if you do build one so you can move air through it. Gets very warm form the toms if you dont

• Like 2

Don't forget to put foam tape on the frames and get the poly really tight. Would be well worth going for it, grow all sorts of stuff for much longer season. As Smithie says door both ends they get very hot very quick.

Cheers Arry

On 17/03/2019 at 08:59, Arry said:

Don't forget to put foam tape on the frames and get the poly really tight. Would be well worth going for it, grow all sorts of stuff for much longer season. As Smithie says door both ends they get very hot very quick.

Cheers Arry

I had read that when using the MDPE pipe the hot spot tape wasn't needed as the frame is plastic not metal?

Had a word today and I can source the 63mm cheap as chips...chips that are free! Brucey bonus! Sort a few scaff bars and that's the bulk of the structure sorted.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 19 March 2019 at 22:33, ryaldinhio said:

I had read that when using the MDPE pipe the hot spot tape wasn't needed as the frame is plastic not metal?

Had a word today and I can source the 63mm cheap as chips...chips that are free! Brucey bonus! Sort a few scaff bars and that's the bulk of the structure sorted.

Hi there ryaldinhio how did you get on any progress?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I decided to get on with my brick built shed first as I wanted to make sure everything is in right location for long term. Started shed base yesterday. Hopefully pour this week then progress mi plans for poly tunnel. 

Now I am considering getting rid of greenhouse as I don't think I need both. Stuff that grows in green house will grow in poly tunnel. Then build poly tunnel behind shed running away from it, leaving space for door swing etc.

Feel like things are coming together. Think I will be sacrificing a fair bit of growing time while I sort it all out and fully prepare the ground etc but would rather do that than rush growing and not be happy.

20190622_154113.jpg

• Like 1