show us your hunting knives and multitools

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I forgot about a small skinning knife that Chris Reade gave me to try , I’ve used it a few times and it’s very good . Super sharp , and stays that way , it fits in your hand nicely and is just the job

Carrot cake knife made by Riohog

Here is a knife that I had made by a friend of mine Chris Reade , it holds an insane edge for ages . More interesting is the sheath , the old sheath got loose over time and the knife could fall out .

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the 2 knives came from america yesterday,one is more of a skinning knife but the Bestech is good for EDC,..happy with my lot now for a while ...

Screenshot_20200611_081306_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200611_081258_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, dytkos said:

Can't remember where or when I bought this but it wouldn't have cost much ? real handy when ferreting or fishing. About the size of a packet of fags ?

Cheers, D.

IMG_20200614_074703.jpg

IMG_20200614_074748.jpg

Not seen one of them before, looks like a handy bit of kit.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This is the knife that I have relied on for many years and always carry one in my pack when out hunting. The photo is of a brand new unused one that I have sitting in the wardrobe, hence why it looks in pristine condition. 

Bacho.jpg.d88992450c368ae7e859f0db27f2e181.jpg

Over here in New Zealand it is marketed as a Bacho and can be found in just about any Farmer's supply warehouse or hardware store. They retail here for as little as the equivalent of UK 3 pound. I am led to believe they are actually made by Mora and are just marketed under the name Bacho. Apparently they are the Mora 746 Hunting Knife but just in different colours and are made with the same Sandvik Stainless Steel. Out of the box they come with an edge sharp enough to shave the hairs off your arm. They hold their edge well and when they do eventually dull they are easy to get a razor sharp edge back. I have used it to skin large Red deer and pigs. It usually needs a little tickle up on a steel halfway through but it does the job effortlessly. I confess that I use other knives now for most of the work I do, breaking down animals, but that's just because I am a bit of a 'knife slut' .....  but i always carry this knife in my pack knowing that it will do the job if required.

Cheers

Phil  

• Like 2

I bought a few of them at a fair for 2 euro each,I've 4 left as I gave a few to friends,,,good get out of jail knives,....handy to have one thrown in a pack just in case 

I'd rather have them than the opinel shite anyday

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 2