show us your hunting knives and multitools

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I forgot about a small skinning knife that Chris Reade gave me to try , I’ve used it a few times and it’s very good . Super sharp , and stays that way , it fits in your hand nicely and is just the job

Carrot cake knife made by Riohog

Here is a knife that I had made by a friend of mine Chris Reade , it holds an insane edge for ages . More interesting is the sheath , the old sheath got loose over time and the knife could fall out .

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Eighth from the right, Karesuando?

Great knives imo.

Yes it is and it’s probably the third of theirs I’ve had . But I’ve discovered Marttiini knives and for a cheapish sort of step up from a Mora , they are worth a look.  I also like that little orange handled buck knife, it opens with one hand and keeps an ok edge . But the best is the hand made bush craft , by Chris Reade . Nothing else comes close .

• Like 1
12 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

Yes it is and it’s probably the third of theirs I’ve had . But I’ve discovered Marttiini knives and for a cheapish sort of step up from a Mora , they are worth a look.  I also like that little orange handled buck knife, it opens with one hand and keeps an ok edge . But the best is the hand made bush craft , by Chris Reade . Nothing else comes close .

Midnight on here used to make decent hand made knives. Sold them way too cheap though and ultimately packed up commercially. I've got one of his 'fieldcrafters', i think he called them, which was his take on a bushcraft knife.

Even though I have that, I still prefer the 5.8" stainless Moras for hunting. I can put half a dozen deer in the chiller with it before I think it need to see a stone again, I've skinned two mature bull tahr with it, stuck a few pigs and done all the usual small game butchery. For twenty quid, purely for hunting, they're the best I have found. One day I want to de-handle one and finish it like those scandi style karesuando knives with a leather sheath..... or more likely pay someone to! :laugh:

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Balaur said:

I was trying to find a second hand cold steel trail master, always fancied one. A guy on a knife forum suggest a much cheaper similar weight size knife so I bought that was a cool knife but not practical in anyway really. I'm going to start making a couple although it won't stop my knife addiction lol.

I'm ruthless with kit, anything that's a bit of a whim goes or more likely is never bought in the first place. Equally, I don't mind shelling out to trial stuff. But I know a cool ass big game hunter like that would be nothing but a show piece really.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, TheShootingTog said:

My 2 go to knives, these have both dressed a fair few deer as well as other small game. The Buck knife is just a run of the mill off the shelf knife, however the other I won in a competition & is a hand made knife by JES Knives http://jesknives.co.uk/

Knife 2.jpg

knife 1.jpg

in my collection of knives ,the top row .last two on the right are JES made,He put goat horn in the handle for me ,great knives too, same toggle on mine also

3 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

in my collection of knives ,the top row .last two on the right are JES made,He put goat horn in the handle for me ,great knives too, same toggle on mine also

Oh yeah, so they are, just looked back & found them. Top quality knives aren't they?:good: