show us your hunting knives and multitools

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I forgot about a small skinning knife that Chris Reade gave me to try , I’ve used it a few times and it’s very good . Super sharp , and stays that way , it fits in your hand nicely and is just the job

Carrot cake knife made by Riohog

Here is a knife that I had made by a friend of mine Chris Reade , it holds an insane edge for ages . More interesting is the sheath , the old sheath got loose over time and the knife could fall out .

Posted Images

I don't own so many now, sold a few gave my son couple.

Swiss army champ eldest son bought me for birthday once. 

Small skinner from the charity action on here years ago won the bidding war on that ?

Knife made from a file, bought off a bushcraft forum. 

Esse 4 

Mora HD bushcraft /survival knife. 

Also got a British army machete that was my grandads. 

IMG_20200427_121612.jpg

IMG_20200427_121023.jpg

On 27/02/2020 at 22:50, Bosun11 said:

Think many of us have a 'thing' for knives. I've always had, since i was a kid and thankfully, i had a grandad who let me have what i could afford.

Though i love some of these hand crafted jobs my fave knife, that i've never owned, is the Puma White Hunter. For me it's just perfection, i love the look of them. Not that it'd be much use to me over here but one day i'm gonna own one. The Puma range is well worth a look.

I remember reading Ted Walsh's fantastic Lurchers and Longdogs book as a kid in the early 80's and Ted writing about the worth of a good knife and ending with the sentence "Puma make good knives"

I've been a Puma fan ever since...

96d20d8349002a557c12111a2ed4a525.jpg

679cd1bd9b07a0eb3781a0a28cf1b228.jpg

bought one in regensburg in 1970  and still have it  

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I don't own so many now, sold a few gave my son couple.

Swiss army champ eldest son bought me for birthday once. 

Small skinner from the charity action on here years ago won the bidding war on that ?

Knife made from a file, bought off a bushcraft forum. 

Esse 4 

Mora HD bushcraft /survival knife. 

Also got a British army machete that was my grandads. 

IMG_20200427_121612.jpg

IMG_20200427_121023.jpg

Nice collection mate ?

Not an opinal in sight, they seem the most popular round here. I think it's because they are so easy to sharpen. 

I got some pretty stainless steel folders but tbh they don't seem to hold an edge.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Nice collection mate ?

Not an opinal in sight, they seem the most popular round here. I think it's because they are so easy to sharpen. 

I got some pretty stainless steel folders but tbh they don't seem to hold an edge.

Had 2 of them before now, don't like them, found they get grit in collar then seizes up so hard to twist it or open blade, just my opinion.?

22 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Had 2 of them before now, don't like them, found they get grit in collar then seizes up so hard to twist it or open blade, just my opinion.?

Yep and also had collar slip round and fold back against fingers?

The only other blade I own that keeps its edge is an old victorinox Swiss army job