show us your hunting knives and multitools

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I forgot about a small skinning knife that Chris Reade gave me to try , I’ve used it a few times and it’s very good . Super sharp , and stays that way , it fits in your hand nicely and is just the job

Carrot cake knife made by Riohog

Here is a knife that I had made by a friend of mine Chris Reade , it holds an insane edge for ages . More interesting is the sheath , the old sheath got loose over time and the knife could fall out .

Posted Images

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

20200226_120102.jpg.a0662dab12d59fbb4ba5f8a06f15f2bd.jpg

Here's a couple of mine, I randomly found from over the years.

Left to right : Gerber (too large but like it for if ever I kill a yeti) Anglo Arms (present from a son, never used) Winchester (nice feel and easy to use) Camillus (very nice lightweight deer grallocher/skinner) Mora (very nice field dresser and fish knife) Ridge runner(compact nice gutting/skinner set) 2 x Master USA (general purpose lockers)

I've loads more, but if they're not at hand they ain't no good ?

• Like 2

Think many of us have a 'thing' for knives. I've always had, since i was a kid and thankfully, i had a grandad who let me have what i could afford.

Though i love some of these hand crafted jobs my fave knife, that i've never owned, is the Puma White Hunter. For me it's just perfection, i love the look of them. Not that it'd be much use to me over here but one day i'm gonna own one. The Puma range is well worth a look.

I remember reading Ted Walsh's fantastic Lurchers and Longdogs book as a kid in the early 80's and Ted writing about the worth of a good knife and ending with the sentence "Puma make good knives"

I've been a Puma fan ever since...

96d20d8349002a557c12111a2ed4a525.jpg

679cd1bd9b07a0eb3781a0a28cf1b228.jpg

Got loads of knives but best ive owned is a tripe knife. Mainly by cheap ones when i see em i do like a folder that can be opened with one hand.i dont use opinels no more rubbish if you can open them they will only snap on ya.

Edited by C.green

This one was made by midnight , holds a cracking edge and lives in the stalking bag , 

6C36C22B-96F7-4623-832C-382FE862EE08.jpeg.8da359583be717881d6342b2b2fbfc32.jpeg

This one is my pocket knife customised by Griff ,

461BFBC0-F923-4BDA-BFCE-CC9544916DEF.jpeg.1d67f15984da037d2c7e8f0ed7638896.jpeg

my other stalking knife is the orange eka  folder that lives in the stalking jacket, if I’ve only got one or two to gralloch I’ll use the eka , if there’s going to be a few to do I’ll get the kit from the bag which includes a couple of victorinox  boning knives as well as midnights one ...

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...