Books and birds

So I’ve been working for an old South African boy up on the moors today, I’ve not seen him for a year or so and he came out to see me when I got there carrying a bag, walked up to me asked how I was doing and said “you like guns and all that sh*t don’t you Chris” so I replied, “ yes David I like guns and all that sh*t” well I’ve got you something and gave me a bag containing 3 books, not wanting to offend the most offensive man I know I said thank you very much and put them in my car, I’ve had a flick through them and to be honest they are not really my thing although the guns and how they work book is worth a look through, so if any of you lads would like one of them or all of them, let me know and I’ll send it to you 

on another note he was telling me he has just purchased the hillside at the back of his house and would I be interested in being in his private game shoot, I think this might be an offer to good to turn down, his boundaries are the edge of the biggest shooting estate in North Yorkshire, he was wanting to put a release pen in but with everything that’s around and the two flight ponds on his land I think I’d give it a go without putting birds down first, I think there might be a couple on here that will recognise where it is from one of the pictures, I’m there the rest of the week so he can tell me a bit more about his plans ?

4CBCFA1C-F583-448D-98A8-C1C9F44781DD.jpeg

28749FFB-E803-4402-9CB4-68A4EBC513AF.jpeg

FC1E28AB-1477-4B3A-B6C3-F35DAAECAF42.jpeg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stavross said:

So I’ve been working for an old South African boy up on the moors today, I’ve not seen him for a year or so and he came out to see me when I got there carrying a bag, walked up to me asked how I was doing and said “you like guns and all that sh*t don’t you Chris” so I replied, “ yes David I like guns and all that sh*t” well I’ve got you something and gave me a bag containing 3 books, not wanting to offend the most offensive man I know I said thank you very much and put them in my car, I’ve had a flick through them and to be honest they are not really my thing although the guns and how they work book is worth a look through, so if any of you lads would like one of them or all of them, let me know and I’ll send it to you 

on another note he was telling me he has just purchased the hillside at the back of his house and would I be interested in being in his private game shoot, I think this might be an offer to good to turn down, his boundaries are the edge of the biggest shooting estate in North Yorkshire, he was wanting to put a release pen in but with everything that’s around and the two flight ponds on his land I think I’d give it a go without putting birds down first, I think there might be a couple on here that will recognise where it is from one of the pictures, I’m there the rest of the week so he can tell me a bit more about his plans ?

4CBCFA1C-F583-448D-98A8-C1C9F44781DD.jpeg

28749FFB-E803-4402-9CB4-68A4EBC513AF.jpeg

FC1E28AB-1477-4B3A-B6C3-F35DAAECAF42.jpeg

Certainly looks like good shooting ground mate. Is that Bilsdale? 

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Got a wobbly table Gav ?

Made me spray my coffee and  choke that pal, I think they'd actually be interesting, will be the look on the wife's face when I open them that will be priceless too ??

Edited by Gav
  • Haha 2