sportsman's net

fred90

I buy my pole material in 6 meter lengths , I like a pole to be a meter so get 6, I think retail ones are shorter because they are getting 7 to a length? I like extra on because they are more versatile, you can slide the grommets up and down to suit, I shove poles up behind wire etc to keep things ridged, as I don’t want to run a full net out to cover a small set I just run out what is needed the shove the other end behind the wire so it could be any pole really, I also use a pole pusher for hard ground etc which I slip over the pole end

2F6F7E22-8EBF-4991-8125-96FA6CD111A3.jpeg

• Like 4

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thats one of the pitfalls of providing a quality product, eventually your at capacity but the work still keeps coming. I do everything myself, I have zero help with anything at all, im up until the ea

By the way,, that black stripe below my post ain't my choice,, I tried to send one of them smiley faces in the post and that what ended up,, so don't think I'm an arshole,, because I already know that

I'm far from being back to full health and wondering if I ever will be at this rate,  things could of been much worse so I count myself lucky.  

Posted Images

Just now, terryd said:

I think i read some where nels0n said can compete with advanced netting and a better quality of net

Think I read same mate. it said nelsons were softer better quality twine. said advanced was a bit coarse. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, fred90 said:

advanced netting have been sold out for weeks mate. do you use quick sets for night netting or do you still use traditional? 

not done any nite netting for a good few year.....learned the old way like yourself....nowt wrong with that either....but the basket and poles ...yeh there heavy and cumbersome...but easy to use once you got the hang......even at night.....at night with each pole you lift out I lift the pole up high and kind of flick the net like when you throw a bed sheet over a bed ..so the slack in the net runs down the running lines....or you can end up with bagging gathered round each peg

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Find a pic of drum ye after an I bet we have one in yard either pop in an help yaself or get the youngster to throw one in back of his fancy new pick up ?

seen one a few year back and should have picked one up......they look like an army jerry can type thing...but slightly fatter with a big hole where the liquid or whatever was in comes out.....these things seemed to be a heavier thicker plastic

yes mate made one after seeing that of yours a few year back.....only took 15 mins ..dead easy....down side was that the plastic where the poles go is two bendy....apart from that I thought it was better than the basket because as you say it stops them getting caught up....also I think its lighter.....with a couple of short 20 yarders in there perfect...

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Pretty sure I got em like I’d double check tonight ?

put a pic up if you can mate.....im sure you will see there a bit thicker plastic than the others

• 3 months later...
On 12/03/2019 at 11:30, fred90 said:

I see rabbit fever on ebay are now selling what they call the sportsman's basket system. it's a 2/1/4 inch mesh fifty yard net. in what they are calling our new cumbria style basket. it looks exactly same as nelsons system who's baskets I believe are designed by lifelong Cumbrian on here. nothing new about 2/1/4 inch mesh. I can only assume that there other nets are 2 inch mesh which is too small for alround netting. 

It was only a matter of time before someone copied Nelson’s basket design I think he’s missed out here as he was always out of stock and took ages to reply to messages I even ended up with someone else’s order ?

• Like 1
On 17/07/2019 at 11:06, troyboy17 said:

Wouldn't have any other than the stuff of les genuine man

I agree but I think it all got to much for him the stuff I ordered the quality was second to none that’s why I tried to order more kit and I tried and tried and tried and gave up in the end atb B.B. 

• Like 1