bang and olufsen speaker's

im thinking of buying a pair for the living room to run the tv through and  play music.

anyone on here have some decent speaker's that they can recommend i dont know much about speaker's at all to be honest but want a decent pair that will last year's.

3 minutes ago, walshie said:

B&O stuff is more style than function IMO and overpriced.  I can recommend Mission or Kef speakers. :thumbs: Can't fault the quality. 

iv'e never heard of either walshie.i will have a look at them online now 

13 hours ago, walshie said:

B&O stuff is more style than function IMO and overpriced.  I can recommend Mission or Kef speakers. :thumbs: Can't fault the quality. 

Bang on about the B&O's and I own a pair that i paid £4800 for 12years back when i had money to waste.Mission and kef are both decent and make stuff to match whatever your budget.JBL are decent if you want good build quality and something that packs a punch.

• Like 2

And what's the crack with an amp lads.

I've read about the B&O having an amp for each speaker built into the cabinets.

What sort of qualitys should I be looking into for an amp.

As I know zero about speakers or amps.

2 hours ago, king said:

And what's the crack with an amp lads.

I've read about the B&O having an amp for each speaker built into the cabinets.

What sort of qualitys should I be looking into for an amp.

As I know zero about speakers or amps.

The B&O Beolab 1 speakers that i have are active speakers meaning that the have an amp built into each speaker so i just used a  Rotel pre amp to control the volume and decide what was running into them.ie CD,tuner etc.All my hifi stuff has been in the loft about 5years since my daughter started toddling about.Should cash most of it really as ive got a little Bose system that sounds decent enough for the amount i actually get time to listen to it these days and it takes up no room and doesnt need loads of cables and interconnects running everywhere.Your best bet is to look at the reviews in what hifi or similar mags.

9 minutes ago, downsouth said:

The B&O Beolab 1 speakers that i have are active speakers meaning that the have an amp built into each speaker so i just used a  Rotel pre amp to control the volume and decide what was running into them.ie CD,tuner etc.All my hifi stuff has been in the loft about 5years since my daughter started toddling about.Should cash most of it really as ive got a little Bose system that sounds decent enough for the amount i actually get time to listen to it these days and it takes up no room and doesnt need loads of cables and interconnects running everywhere.Your best bet is to look at the reviews in what hifi or similar mags.

Spot on DS there's so many biased reviews on YouTube etc it's like a minefield.i will pick a few mags up and get myself more clued up on it all.