Eddie chapmen books

1 hour ago, eastcoast said:

I've just looked for the book and it is not on my shelves. Then remembered that I lent it to someone many years ago, and it was signed.  Never got it back. The reason for looking for it was to establish the date of publication but think that it was 1982. No digital photography then. Only skilled people could produce photographic images suitable for publication.  Add to that, no unlimited images on memory sticks or saved files on PCs. Every exposure cost money on film and developing. Maybe the photo that ended up on the front cover was something that the author had in his archive and his publisher deemed to be the most appropriate? I have no idea...but it would be a little ironic if the best known (and possibly the best?) breeder and worker of Jack Russells in the 20th century had a photograph of terriers that were not his own on the front cover of his book.  ?

They were his own terriers,he bought them and worked them :thumbs: , the book is about  working russell's rather than him breeding a line of working russell's .Don't mean that to sound narky mate but in no way was i pulling him for that pic on his book and there's plenty of other men and other men's terrier's in the book and not as far as i remember does he say in that book he had a line of working russell's,he just tells stories of him working some.It's a good pic of what it is and deserves to be on the cover and they could be anything bred it don't matter, to me it hasn't affected the way i reread that book or look at the pic...:victory:..

• Like 1