Eddie chapmen books

Hi guys a work on the roads doing tarmac so wee travel all over the place was working on a site last week got talking to an old fella on the site just the usual banter and a fox strolled buy so that was him away talking about his digging days and how he used Russells breed buy eddie and a told him a had just got to pups of eddies breeding so back the day and the old boy shouted me over and gave me these 2 books that were signed to him buy eddie  witch a though was nice of him since a had only met him cheers guys 

20190311_180222.jpg

• Like 14

Well fireman and sid g u 2 lads will no a lot more than me so a cany comment lads and this shurly will no turn i to another wee back and forth slagging match boys a no whatever some one puts up someone will always have something to say and am sure u to boys no what ur talking about but the man in the picture is not with us anymore so will we ever no exactly what the dogs are 

4 hours ago, the cobra said:

Well fireman and sid g u 2 lads will no a lot more than me so a cany comment lads and this shurly will no turn i to another wee back and forth slagging match boys a no whatever some one puts up someone will always have something to say and am sure u to boys no what ur talking about but the man in the picture is not with us anymore so will we ever no exactly what the dogs are 

Like i said,no dig or side swipe at Chapman what so ever and if i was digging him out i'd say it straight out without worry.But i'm not and i was like i said just giving a little bit of info for those who keep a russell or two like i do.As for knowing what those dogs were i have been told but i can't remember exactly the story(maybe some woman had them as pets and they were to much for her so Eddie bought them?,something along them lines anyway) but the man who bred them isn't a million miles away from this page so if he replies your'll know if not you know as much as me mate..:victory:

Your answer in there to Sid g :thumbs:..

• Like 1
2 hours ago, fireman said:

Like i said,no dig or side swipe at Chapman what so ever and if i was digging him out i'd say it straight out without worry.But i'm not and i was like i said just giving a little bit of info for those who keep a russell or two like i do.As for knowing what those dogs were i have been told but i can't remember exactly the story(maybe some woman had them as pets and they were to much for her so Eddie bought them?,something along them lines anyway) but the man who bred them isn't a million miles away from this page so if he replies your'll know if not you know as much as me mate..:victory:

Your answer in there to Sid g :thumbs:..

Fireman am no haveing a go at u or anybody else mate just no ma style when u think of all the dogs eddie had over the years it would be very unlikely he bred every one he had or been photographed with and am no experet on how many pups he bred in his time but when u see a book of his and 2 dogs on the cover u just asume he bred them and that mite no always be the case  which seems to be here but u learn something new every day but as a said am no haveing a go at anybody  a lot of guys on here no alot more than me cheers guys 

• Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

I always thought it was a good photo as a front cover of a book, trust the THL detectives to pull it apart and dash my beliefs!??

PS I didn’t really rate the book as a read, unfortunately.

The pic is still what it is mate,a pic of a terrier man called Eddie Chapman with two working russell's in his arms and a fine pic it is to :victory:..

I have both those books and there a not a bad read as it goes..

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, fireman said:

The pic is still what it is mate,a pic of a terrier man called Eddie Chapman with two working russell's in his arms and a fine pic it is to :victory:..

I have both those books and there a not a bad read as it goes..

Thats true mate 

• Like 1

I've just looked for the book and it is not on my shelves. Then remembered that I lent it to someone many years ago, and it was signed.  Never got it back. The reason for looking for it was to establish the date of publication but think that it was 1982. No digital photography then. Only skilled people could produce photographic images suitable for publication.  Add to that, no unlimited images on memory sticks or saved files on PCs. Every exposure cost money on film and developing. Maybe the photo that ended up on the front cover was something that the author had in his archive and his publisher deemed to be the most appropriate? I have no idea...but it would be a little ironic if the best known (and possibly the best?) breeder and worker of Jack Russells in the 20th century had a photograph of terriers that were not his own on the front cover of his book.  ?

Edited by eastcoast
grammar