• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I,d be willing to teach you if your willing to learn ?????

Yes but there is also thousands of stags in the uk . Such as what done it then ? I have asked you a few times but you haven't come up with one suggestion . Did your aliens leave sheeps blood all over

People like boris will just try and ruin the thread because he has nothing to offer the conversation, it always amuses me when people who have run a few dogs or stuck an odd ferret down think they no

Posted Images

If its jacked on an obviously uncatchable animal,going into unpassable wire or cover, to me its a sign of intelligence.If it jacked in the open I'd watch it,but if injured or sick as said you can't blame it.I deff wouldn't get rid if only young and done it once or twice.

• Like 8
5 hours ago, lampingmad1 said:

Opinions if a dog gives up will it give up again??

Food for thought!

Where I ferret most of the time, there are visible rabbits most of the day from where I am ferreting, if my dogs didn’t pick their runs they would be dead from heatstroke or exhaustion within half an hour, running from one rabbit to the next with little to no chance of catching them before dropping in a burrow, most pups will run themselves to death without intervention, that being said the same dogs on the light usually give their all once slipped, just my two cents worth, I wasn’t there and can’t comment on your dog, but as stated above there can be MANY reasons.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Sirblessed said:

Food for thought!

Where I ferret most of the time, there are visible rabbits most of the day from where I am ferreting, if my dogs didn’t pick their runs they would be dead from heatstroke or exhaustion within half an hour, running from one rabbit to the next with little to no chance of catching them before dropping in a burrow, most pups will run themselves to death without intervention, that being said the same dogs on the light usually give their all once slipped, just my two cents worth, I wasn’t there and can’t comment on your dog, but as stated above there can be MANY reasons.

I hate dogs that pick their runs, to me that's jacking, however what you describe is like gradual education, training in a way, as long as their running when you think the jobs doable, that's great.

• Like 3

depends on a number of things. I see a lot of lads jacking on there own dogs! because they listen to the glory that’s spoken over the internet so they get dogs out to young say from 5-8months an expect such a young inexperienced young dog that’s not mentally ready to be doing the same as a ready made seasoned dogs there for creating problems for there selfs and get disheartened if the dogs not doing what they hoped the out come would be by out matching the young un this time of year is by far the worst time for it as all the gear is clued up an fully fit after surviving the winter and coming in to peak breeding condition. You’ve not stated how old the dog is and in what way it appears to be quiting and what on?

• Like 6
5 hours ago, poxon said:

depends on a number of things. I see a lot of lads jacking on there own dogs! because they listen to the glory that’s spoken over the internet so they get dogs out to young say from 5-8months an expect such a young inexperienced young dog that’s not mentally ready to be doing the same as a ready made seasoned dogs there for creating problems for there selfs and get disheartened if the dogs not doing what they hoped the out come would be by out matching the young un this time of year is by far the worst time for it as all the gear is clued up an fully fit after surviving the winter and coming in to peak breeding condition. You’ve not stated how old the dog is and in what way it appears to be quiting and what on?

I've been saying similar to this for years mate.  Usually still falls on deaf ears though lol ?

• Like 3

You need to explain the sypmtons,so we can prescribe the meds.is it been run to death.?is it young?is the ground flint,or solid.?is it pulling up at hedges.?is it picking its runs?has it jacked after 5 vermin have beenctaken?....lots of questions and remedys to think about

• Like 1