• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I,d be willing to teach you if your willing to learn ?????

Yes but there is also thousands of stags in the uk . Such as what done it then ? I have asked you a few times but you haven't come up with one suggestion . Did your aliens leave sheeps blood all over

People like boris will just try and ruin the thread because he has nothing to offer the conversation, it always amuses me when people who have run a few dogs or stuck an odd ferret down think they no

Posted Images

Just now, king said:

i cant see how 2 shot pellets would strip the hair off though.im not really sure.but it is interesting.

I’m not saying this sarcastically I’m been genuine , have you ever shot a fox with ssg , I have and the pellet around 5mm round ball will drag fur in with it ,if found rabbits shot with pellet gun in the leg and when it had a hole in the skin and the edges of the hole dried like the ones in the top ,,, this maybe same as what happened to deer ...?? Maybe not ..?? But for me there isn’t any proof of it been a big cat .

• Like 1

What people don't seem to grasp is these cats have massive territories , maybe 60 or so miles across , males even more , we are not talking about creatures of extreme habit like badgers and foxes that have huge numbers on the ground . I remember a chap telling me once he caught a badger in a live trap and sprayed it bright yellow with sheep marker . How many people do you think saw this badger again ? And that's a common animal . Big cats are extremely skilful hunters and can disappear into cover in the blink of an eye . The chances of seeing one in the wild are such a small percentage , i bet its not possible to calculate .

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Elchapo said:

I’m not saying this sarcastically I’m been genuine , have you ever shot a fox with ssg , I have and the pellet around 5mm round ball will drag fur in with it ,if found rabbits shot with pellet gun in the leg and when it had a hole in the skin and the edges of the hole dried like the ones in the top ,,, this maybe same as what happened to deer ...?? Maybe not ..?? But for me there isn’t any proof of it been a big cat .

no i aint mate.only gun ive shot fox with is a 22/250.but yea i see you point as you have experience on the matter of ssg entry hole's as i said im not really sure of it all but i do find the whole topic quite interesting.

2 minutes ago, king said:

no i aint mate.only gun ive shot fox with is a 22/250.but yea i see you point as you have experience on the matter of ssg entry hole's as i said im not really sure of it all but i do find the whole topic quite interesting.

Yea I got 22-250 on my ticket , good fox round , wish I went 243 now tho so covers for deer , 22-250 covers some deer in Scotland

anyway back on topic lol yea some of the pics are interesting , wonder if there has been any kills found in trees and claw marks up the trees to the kill  

4 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Yea I got 22-250 on my ticket , good fox round , wish I went 243 now tho so covers for deer , 22-250 covers some deer in Scotland

anyway back on topic lol yea some of the pics are interesting , wonder if there has been any kills found in trees and claw marks up the trees to the kill  

Back when i was at college a mate of mine had huge trouble loosing sheep , they found all sorts even up a tree ... back in the 90s though so before everyone had mobiles 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

i dont hold a firearms ticket myself it is a mate's gun browning x bolt.ive watched him shoot dozens and dozens of fox.ive shot a few.he keeps saying have a shot all the time.but im not that fussed to be honest.

but yea GM could answer that question maybe.

52 minutes ago, king said:

interesting read this.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-154625/Are-panthers-roaming-Wales.html

the part i find interesting is that the cats have survived for 7 years in the wild.

They would probably live to a good age with pretty much no competition for food , you only have to look at the way the deer population has exploded in the Uk in the last twenty years or so . Plus we have a very forgiving climate here , not like they would need to survive extremes as they would in North America etc . Dogs seem to be a favourite of Leopards to eat , check out some of them living in the outskirts of Mumbai and living on the pets and livestock .... On the India connection , how many people live in Mumbai ? And how many know they have Leopards living among them let alone seen one ?

• Like 1
On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 19:35, ginger beard said:

2 shotgun pellets.

or maybe another roebuck..

plenty will of seen them feck up by getting tangled together etc

Edited by Gilbey
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, runner neil said:

They would probably live to a good age with pretty much no competition for food , you only have to look at the way the deer population has exploded in the Uk in the last twenty years or so . Plus we have a very forgiving climate here , not like they would need to survive extremes as they would in North America etc . Dogs seem to be a favourite of Leopards to eat , check out some of them living in the outskirts of Mumbai and living on the pets and livestock .... On the India connection , how many people live in Mumbai ? And how many know they have Leopards living among them let alone seen one ?

roughly 3 million deer in the uk.plenty of food for big cats no doubt neil.

• Like 1