8 minutes ago, runner neil said:

Ravens wont strip a 40 kg lamb in the time scale , or shear rib bones and bird kills / carion feeding are messy on a sheep , wool everywhere . This was clean like it had been skinned . Not many Ravens about here either they tend to stick to the higher moor ground

He is probably looking through the encyclopedia of British Fauna to find a culprit . A stoat maybe or a Tawny owl ?

Dog like that expert proved. Where’s these pics of this sheep then?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I,d be willing to teach you if your willing to learn ?????

Yes but there is also thousands of stags in the uk . Such as what done it then ? I have asked you a few times but you haven't come up with one suggestion . Did your aliens leave sheeps blood all over

People like boris will just try and ruin the thread because he has nothing to offer the conversation, it always amuses me when people who have run a few dogs or stuck an odd ferret down think they no

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Boristheblade said:

Dog like that expert proved. Where’s these pics of this sheep then?

Have you seen dog attacks on sheep ? Very messy from ones i have had not clinical like this . Did i say i had pictures of the sheep ? Didnt even have a camera phone at the time . I thought you were the expert

8 hours ago, runner neil said:

Have you seen dog attacks on sheep ? Very messy from ones i have had not clinical like this . Did i say i had pictures of the sheep ? Didnt even have a camera phone at the time . I thought you were the expert

Your claims are falling apart. If you had some sort of proof it could be believable but you have none apart from this illedged killin you dreamt off.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Boristheblade said:

Your claims are falling apart. If you had some sort of proof it could be believable but you have none apart from this illedged killin you dreamt off.

Not really , you have not given me one valid option of what else it could of been . I don't really care if you believe in what I believe or not , you have your opinion and I personally think you are totally blinkered in your views and as such unless a big cat was actually put right in front of you and chewed your leg off you still wouldn't believe it ..... and i think you mean ' alleged and killing '..... So come on big expert what other options are there for the third or fourth time ?

Edited by runner neil
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

could the flat grass not be the animal cleaning its self after feeding on the lamb? Like a dog.

doesn't fit with the times but badgers peel/skin things. Just other ideas

Possible Gilbey , but fair amount of blood for that and this was definitely no dog attack . I have had dog attacks on my sheep before and the are always ripped generally on the back end , and the neck puncture marks were to deep and big for a dog . Dogs and foxes always leave a lot of wool about their kills as well , this was clean .

Yes you are right Badgers do peel things and i have known them take sickly lambs but this was a big lamb  and as you say doesn't fit with when Badgers are active 

15 hours ago, runner neil said:

Ravens wont strip a 40 kg lamb in the time scale , or shear rib bones and bird kills / carion feeding are messy on a sheep , wool everywhere . This was clean like it had been skinned . Not many Ravens about here either they tend to stick to the higher moor ground

He is probably looking through the encyclopedia of British Fauna to find a culprit . A stoat maybe or a Tawny owl ?

Siberian weasel? ?. Just joking ?.

Just to add mate, I believe you. It's not that long ago really, historically, that there were big cats living in britain naturally. Let's not forget the english channel is less than 15000 years old, and there've been plenty of fossils of big cats, amongst other species of animals, found in this country for years. Many areas of britain are ideal for big cats to live in. And like's been said, plenty of people used to keep exotic animals of all sorts, and released them into the wild when the laws about keeping them came in.

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Siberian weasel? ?. Just joking ?.

Just to add mate, I believe you. It's not that long ago really, historically, that there were big cats living in britain naturally. Let's not forget the english channel is less than 15000 years old, and there've been plenty of fossils of big cats, amongst other species of animals, found in this country for years. Many areas of britain are ideal for big cats to live in. And like's been ssid, plenty of people used to keep exotic animals of all sorts, and released them into the wild when the laws about keeping them came in.

Dykos used be tripping over um back then when he were in his 40s

So he tells me 

was a guy in north Wales admitted letting 2 go that belonged to a guy who owned a scrap yard few yrs back......adult and 2 sets of young left tracks in the snow outside the storey arms bottom of pen yr van youth hostel....I've seen a photo of 1 that was shot on a farm in the beacons,I know 3 lads who had seen it on a few occasions when out lamping.......none of their big old bull x's would entertain running it......that's 50/60 miles from me.....then you got the sightings in England......I see no reason to try and discredit anyone who farms the land and sees 1.....they obviously spend more time out in the countryside than a 20/30 yr old dreamer with a long dog?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
40 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

was a guy in north Wales admitted letting 2 go that belonged to a guy who owned a scrap yard few yrs back......adult and 2 sets of young left tracks in the snow outside the storey arms bottom of pen yr van youth hostel....I've seen a photo of 1 that was shot on a farm in the beacons,I know 3 lads who had seen it on a few occasions when out lamping.......none of their big old bull x's would entertain running it......that's 50/60 miles from me.....then you got the sightings in England......I see no reason to try and discredit anyone who farms the land and sees 1.....they obviously spend more time out in the countryside than a 20/30 yr old dreamer with a long dog?

I seem to remember something about odd ones in Scotland being shot, and somebody having one in the freezer. my cast is nearly 4" and is circular the small cat tracks on it are the same shape.

Edited by two crows
  • Like 3
5 minutes ago, two crows said:

I seem to remember something about odd ones in Scotland being shot, and somebody having one in the freezer. my cast is nearly 4" and is circular the small cat tracks on it are the same shape.

I believe they are roaming our countryside,to many folks have seen them to just excuse them for a muntjac or large ferel imo.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Gilbey said:

no bother ?, be good if someone did come up with a pic or something.

if it was a dog maybe it wasn't a arse grabber

Thats true mate , but dogs tend to make a mess on sheep whether its the arse or front end

Edited by runner neil
  • Like 1
56 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Well put mate