• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I,d be willing to teach you if your willing to learn ?????

Yes but there is also thousands of stags in the uk . Such as what done it then ? I have asked you a few times but you haven't come up with one suggestion . Did your aliens leave sheeps blood all over

People like boris will just try and ruin the thread because he has nothing to offer the conversation, it always amuses me when people who have run a few dogs or stuck an odd ferret down think they no

Posted Images

I got my old Deer / Grey at 18 months because the then owner said he was useless , couldn't do anything they wanted . He took ages to come on but by 3 he was a good dog , too big really for the ground i run but would hold his own against other peoples dogs i ran with at the time 

• Like 3

Any dog will "JACK GIVE IN" my profile says location no jackers here......it should say no jackers here...YET.

If i ran my dogs hard and just kept running them and running them with no break big slips to a point of exhaustion or running with an injury , at some point they would be physically unable to run , would they be classed as jackers ??

This applies to any dog,they might be game enough to try but the body is unable..sometimes it is the owners fault a dog jacks,not a fault of the dogs.

Working dog owners need to know when enough is enough for "THAT DOG "

On saying that some dogs do give up a bit easily thats not a fault of the owners its just that the dog has not made your grade .That dog could still find a good home with someone else with a different level of grade.

Good dogs need a good dog man.

• Like 7
9 hours ago, lampingmad1 said:

Just asking people opinions tbh I have had dog jack for no reason before so in my eyes I think it was pushed to much when a pup

some dogs do just jack there's no doubt about that, a lad that used to run with us had a first cross deerhound greyhound brought up and reared spot on, and she was so capable behind a hare in control all the time, and she killed hares, but she would jack and run back without warning, and do it regular, I don't rate deerhound crosses for coursing I never have, but if that bitch dint jack it was a world beater no kidding, I never saw a so called gooden more capable than her.

9 minutes ago, two crows said:

some dogs do just jack there's no doubt about that, a lad that used to run with us had a first cross deerhound greyhound brought up and reared spot on, and she was so capable behind a hare in control all the time, and she killed hares, but she would jack and run back without warning, and do it regular, I don't rate deerhound crosses for coursing I never have, but if that bitch dint jack it was a world beater no kidding, I never saw a so called gooden more capable than her.

I get what you're saying here t c. My old dog used to do something similar on rabbits, yep, rabbits lol. Hares and deer he'd literally bust a gut trying, every time, rabbits he couldn't really be bothered with.

Written about this sort of thing before. I think if a dog isn't that 'tuned in' to a particular quarry, they simply don't try hard enough, or, as in the case of my dog, just couldn't be bothered lol.

Don't know about dogs 'jacking' on 'teeth' as I've never been interested in all that stuff ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1

When i was a Young lad I see plenty of good lurchers but not many bad ones,yes some was better than others on certain things but all could fill the pot,

No internet back then,it wasn't so easy to get pups,it was all about making due with what you had.

Now days its easy to get caught up on all the different xs ,and this x do that better than this x .

We also have the over night experts.

My uncle always said you pay your money and you do your best for them so you get the best out of them,

Some folks best is a lot different from mine.

I'm not looking for super dog just a honest one.

One mans jacker can be another mans god send .

Edited by Moocher71
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dogs like children are a blank canvass, they have no imprinted faults, so 98% of canine faults are just a reflection on shite owners , no dog is perfect but with a good owner it will bust a gut to please with a shite owner why the feck should it, so take a look in the mirror before passing on your next failed dog but take the rose tinted specs off first, ✌️✌️

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Dogs like children are a blank canvass, they have no imprinted faults, so 98% of canine faults are just a reflection on shite owners , no dog is perfect but with a good owner it will bust a gut to please with a shite owner why the feck should it, so take a look in the mirror before passing on your next failed dog but take the rose tinted specs off first, ✌️✌️

Sounds like something a pet man would say. Youve a standard that you want a working dog too youll get atleast one in your life that dont meet that standard.if you just a dog walker that puts up with anything then fair does but not everyone is.and not everyone passes on failures either

• Like 2
4 hours ago, runem said:

Any dog will "JACK GIVE IN" my profile says location no jackers here......it should say no jackers here...YET.

If i ran my dogs hard and just kept running them and running them with no break big slips to a point of exhaustion or running with an injury , at some point they would be physically unable to run , would they be classed as jackers ??

This applies to any dog,they might be game enough to try but the body is unable..sometimes it is the owners fault a dog jacks,not a fault of the dogs.

Working dog owners need to know when enough is enough for "THAT DOG "

On saying that some dogs do give up a bit easily thats not a fault of the owners its just that the dog has not made your grade .That dog could still find a good home with someone else with a different level of grade.

Good dogs need a good dog man.

Theres some dogs that have been owned by right nuggets that will go over still trying or die rather than pull up and say no. 

1 hour ago, C.green said:

Sounds like something a pet man would say. Youve a standard that you want a working dog too youll get atleast one in your life that dont meet that standard.if you just a dog walker that puts up with anything then fair does but not everyone is.and not everyone passes on failures either

I,ve been a dog walker for many years mate, dug loads and coursed and lamped loads one of the benefits of being born early 60s we could work our dogs all day and everyday without having to look over our shoulders, instead of a couple of hours a week and 40 hours talking about it online ✌️✌️

• Like 2
16 hours ago, two crows said:

most pups that are made to jack, are made to do it by lads who are themselves in experienced, I wont ever do it, but I could easy of done it with my first bitch, she was pushed hard from a young age, and took ages to kill her first hare, but never looked like pulling up, and when she got one, it was one after another for the rest of her life, I honestly don't think you can jack a real good un. 

Two crows of course they can all be jacked ,maybey there's very few of us left who don't go about jacking jukels but believe me there's lots that still do  will allways do no matter how well bred talented jukel they posses.fecking trying bull xes six mths less than a yr old crazy brainless idiot handlers ,the same jukel will be three times the animal twelve mths down the line ,giving fair justice and rearing of a jukel his limited in these times they all in a rush a race ta jack a race ta break em a race ta totally feck them right up hence the next one in the jacker out .shame the jukels cud a choose there handlers be far less jackets about .atb bill

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

When i was a Young lad I see plenty of good lurchers but not many bad ones,yes some was better than others on certain things but all could fill the pot,

No internet back then,it wasn't so easy to get pups,it was all about making due with what you had.

Now days its easy to get caught up on all the different xs ,and this x do that better than this x .

We also have the over night experts.

My uncle always said you pay your money and you do your best for them so you get the best out of them,

Some folks best is a lot different from mine.

I'm not looking for super dog just a honest one.

One mans jacker can be another mans god send .

3 hours ago, Greyman said:

standards are a big killer of lots a jukels ,it's a fact Joe runs with jack Joe keeps a real un born about of great breeding good rearing good handling and last but not least breeze throug h of early running no injuries etc,and a few seasons under him,Jack begins to compare his young sapling and begins ta lose control and loses the way foreward ,a jacker his born the self same jukel steady first season put away fa another season would in all likely season his jukel get better comparing young saplings with seasoned or past jukel of similiar age his none sence they all different and come on at a different pace .the throw awY world we have now has been here for a least twenty yrs with the lurcher breed and I have no doubt here ta stay.atb bill

• Like 2
1 hour ago, billhardy said:

standards are a big killer of lots a jukels ,it's a fact Joe runs with jack Joe keeps a real un born about of great breeding good rearing good handling and last but not least breeze throug h of early running no injuries etc,and a few seasons under him,Jack begins to compare his young sapling and begins ta lose control and loses the way foreward ,a jacker his born the self same jukel steady first season put away fa another season would in all likely season his jukel get better comparing young saplings with seasoned or past jukel of similiar age his none sence they all different and come on at a different pace .the throw awY world we have now has been here for a least twenty yrs with the lurcher breed and I have no doubt here ta stay.atb bill

Some do just Jack tho bill I bought a good dog in last season spent all afternoon bonding with it took it out that night after its first slip it just wouldn't come back fecking useless it was and I gev it every chance 

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Some do just Jack tho bill I bought a good dog in last season spent all afternoon bonding with it took it out that night after its first slip it just wouldn't come back fecking useless it was and I gev it every chance 

That was the frock mate he didn't like the colour ??