Heavily greyhound blooded lurchers in Ireland

As I’m struggling to find a greyhound doing a bit of graft this is my second option. I’m thinking of lining a foxhound bitch in the summer and I’m looking for a greyhound or a heavily greyhound blooded lurcher must be doing teeth. Something over 27/28 inches with no (Saluki or deerhound blood) preferably as I’m trying to keep the size up. Just putting the feelers out to see what’s about I’ve no problem paying for the right stud or give a pup or 2 back 

Edited by shaneg

I’ve a bull greyhound in mind but I’m not set in stone I’m going to look for exactly what I want and see what comes of it. I’m not going to rush in and just breed for the sake of it so I’ll keep my options well and truely open 

• Like 4
38 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

Not in ireland and not up for stud but if we were in 2021 and i was in ireland this might take your fancy.3/16 bull the rest greyhound.27.5tts

20190119_144923.jpg

20190119_145947.jpg

Is that the black dog you had at that show last year? 

1 hour ago, shaneg said:

As I’m struggling to find a greyhound doing a bit of graft this is my second option. I’m thinking of lining a foxhound bitch in the summer and I’m looking for a greyhound or a heavily greyhound blooded lurcher must be doing teeth. Something over 27/28 inches with no (Saluki or deerhound blood) preferably as I’m trying to keep the size up. Just putting the feelers out to see what’s about I’ve no problem paying for the right stud or give a pup or 2 back 

Your wanting to keep the size up yet don,t want Saluki or Deerhound blood in the mix?.As Ireland as the cream of Greyhounds and you dismiss two of the best ways of gaining size in a lurcher i feel you will be better suited to rearing something in a vegetable patch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, morton said:

Your wanting to keep the size up yet don,t want Saluki or Deerhound blood in the mix?.As Ireland as the cream of Greyhounds and you dismiss two of the best ways of gaining size in a lurcher i feel you will be better suited to rearing something in a vegetable patch.

Well yet to see a very good deerhound. My uncle chased them for years and all his trying failed to find what he wanted. 99% of deerhounds are just kept for shows these days and haven’t seen any real work. Pity to say that but it’s the truth. And as for Saluki I don’t rate them as a good teeth dog and to tell the truth I hate them.simple as. Greyhound is my first choice but finding one that will graft is the problem and I’ll stay looking for one. I’m trying to keep my options open and not just be looking in one direction. I’m breeding a dog that will do me for the next 10 years so I want to do it best I can and not settle for just any old fox dog to cover the bitch

• Like 1
Just now, shaneg said:

Well yet to see a very good deerhound. My uncle chased them for years and all his trying failed to find what he wanted. 99% of deerhounds are just kept for shows these days and haven’t seen any real work. Pity to say that but it’s the truth. And as for Saluki I don’t rate them as a good teeth dog and to tell the truth I hate them.simple as. Greyhound is my first choice but finding one that will graft is the problem and I’ll stay looking for one. I’m trying to keep my options open and not just be looking in one direction. I’m breeding a dog that will do me for the next 10 years so I want to do it best I can and not settle for just any old fox dog to cover the bitch

Thats the sort of response that i respect,well said mucker.As you may be aware im a massive Deerhoundy fan yet readily concur that the majority of them are not worth a water dish in a desert,a Saluki would not be my first choice as a teeth dog as well,at times some of them are proficient at the task,its in the better breeding.Ive seen many a good lurcher on non edibles and one of the very,very best was basically Deerhoundy/Collie cross Deerhoundy/Grey/Saluki.He still stands at 28" and weighs 80lb,the same as his sire.The only lads to date that wish to utilise him for a line are all bull lurcher owners that are looking to put some stride and size into their charges,a massive,massive shame as ive never found an edible fox?.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, morton said:

Thats the sort of response that i respect,well said mucker.As you may be aware im a massive Deerhoundy fan yet readily concur that the majority of them are not worth a water dish in a desert,a Saluki would not be my first choice as a teeth dog as well,at times some of them are proficient at the task,its in the better breeding.Ive seen many a good lurcher on non edibles and one of the very,very best was basically Deerhoundy/Collie cross Deerhoundy/Grey/Saluki.He still stands at 28" and weighs 80lb,the same as his sire.The only lads to date that wish to utilise him for a line are all bull lurcher owners that are looking to put some stride and size into their charges,a massive,massive shame as ive never found an edible fox?.

Sounds ta me they trying ta produce a vermin type fa the hill,if so perhaps bull with deerhound may be suitable.atb bill

• Like 1