sounds a decent cross and looks a nice little bitch how is she bred, this little bitch from the 70's was perhaps a couple of inches bigger and saluki lurcher cross whippet bred small to run small snaggy land and killed hundreds of hares in her time pluss rabbits and the odd fox fast with bags of stamina, hope yours does you proud.

038.JPG

• Like 5
4 hours ago, two crows said:

sounds a decent cross and looks a nice little bitch how is she bred, this little bitch from the 70's was perhaps a couple of inches bigger and saluki lurcher cross whippet bred small to run small snaggy land and killed hundreds of hares in her time pluss rabbits and the odd fox fast with bags of stamina, hope yours does you proud.

038.JPG

I thought she might of made abit taller 

Her dam is a whippet 20 inch 

And the dad a saluki lurcher I think about 26 inch 

She will be only used for rabbits and hares local to me so she's perfect size wise IMG-20180530-WA0005.jpg.8c01fa4d348b92a8aa9be28f2216067f.jpgthats her sire and dam 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, 355mlredbull said:

Just a picture of my pup 

She's 10 month old now 

And she's around 21tts don't think she will grow much more

Her recall is bang on now 

She's hasn't ran anything her self yet 

Her jumping is coming on great 

So just going to give her some easy runs through the summer 

IMG_20190309_074811.jpg

IMG_20190309_074814.jpg

Lovely pup that lad

7 hours ago, 355mlredbull said:

I thought she might of made abit taller 

Her dam is a whippet 20 inch 

And the dad a saluki lurcher I think about 26 inch 

She will be only used for rabbits and hares local to me so she's perfect size wise IMG-20180530-WA0005.jpg.8c01fa4d348b92a8aa9be28f2216067f.jpgthats her sire and dam 

when I first saw this picture on the other thread, I think I had commented that a bitch can control the size of the pups until after the birth, my bitch was bred the opposite way to yours, weather this has any bearing on size I don't know just a thought.

11 minutes ago, two crows said:

when I first saw this picture on the other thread, I think I had commented that a bitch can control the size of the pups until after the birth, my bitch was bred the opposite way to yours, weather this has any bearing on size I don't know just a thought.

You could be right pal ,I did pick the most whippety bitch pup in the litter , the lad that bred them kept a bitch back which is around 23inch 

Had a first x years ago Mike brown dog I owned to a saluki bitch lamped ferreted and daytime  he was good animal ran him hard for 7 seasons then put him over a pure bitch  pups were lightning fast with gears I try find few pics of him 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

he did not look a bad sized dog,  I never bred any first cross whippet salukis, wonder if the same things happen as with first cross saluki greys, like you never get a feathered one, only ever smooth, and no  black and tan in a litter.

He was about 23 1/2 endless stamina but did nt have the gear s to fly up to them and. Lift them but would run them for 4/5 mins then pick them yet lamping he d Hoover rabbits up ASAP whole litter were black smooth coated so probably same as the bigger cousins atb taffey 

• Like 1