Crufts 2019

13 minutes ago, straight2hand said:

Exactly pal that’s why working dogs as a general rule of thumb are healthy breeds, compared to the latest traits these so called judges like to see on the peds that are not actually good for the animal itself!

Who are these judges?obviously not dog men.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just flicked over and see a terrier category! what a shameful bunch of specimens they were, the JRT was shocking....but mores the Pity of the alleged judges casting there eye talking about the nice mo

yeh , here we go , these are from  my old camera , so not sure if any good, but if you look at him you can from his shape, and head shape  he got great  quality  . the breed supposed to be  roughly 60

Cant stand to watch it no more,have a look at the GSDs moving round the ring,absolutley f***ing disgraceful...

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Str said:

The border terrier looked recognisable and the staffie looked like the dogs I remember in my area as a kid in the 70s but the rest were piss poor.border collies showed they are the most versatile of breeds in the agility which I didn’t mind watching as there owners have obviously spent a lot of time on there dogs.

I haven't  watched  the showing for yrs but your right the agility people put lot time into there dogs.

if I had a litter in the past I would only let pups goto working homes but last litter I bred two lads let me down . I took pups to the vets ,as they needed jabs .i was talking to a couple with a collie who used it for agility and they was looking for a whippet or a x to do relay etc with ,we made arangments for her to visit and see parents .

that was six yrs ago and both pups turned out good for them,and it was good for the dogs .

them agility dogs relay dogs are fit,healthy it's a shame the same can not be said for our pure kc dogs ,

• Like 4
2 hours ago, jackthelad said:

according to the woman comentating the jack russel was developed in australia near spat my tea over the telly

I did not see it but the Australian KC was the 1st to give recognition to a type using the title Jack Russell. I believe that the people who were striving for recognition of a type by that name in the UK used it as one of the reasons why our KC should recognise the type that they were championing, as the UK was it's country of origin and the Australians had recognised the wrong type. Hence the Parson (Jack) Russell. Nothing to do with £££s of course.

• Like 2

I tried not to watch it. Makes me so angry. But failed and watched the final. I was expecting the upright shoulders, short backs and straight stifles that create the "wonderful movement". But I swear to God that every animal in the final had turned out elbows and was cow hocked. Even the hound.

Edited by eastcoast
wrong word

No problem with crufts if that’s what they want to do an it makes them happy they can crack on! I’m only interested in my own mongrel dogs any way no real interest in what other people have got or if I think it’s fit for function long as I’m happy with what I’ve got I couldn’t careless 

• Like 1

The thing is lads initially all dogs were bred for purpose namely work so dogs were to do jobs now in this day and age there aren't many dogs in the kc world that are bred to do there job the kennel was formed to make money out of breeding dogs hence why the silly price tags on most of these dogs it's a crying shame but the truth work is 1st in my head breeding is 2nd 

• Like 1