• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had traces of blood in my urine last November so booked in to see a Doctor, he got me an appointment up the hospital straight away, fingers up the bum, camera down the dick.....nothing.They sent me

If one person (you) decides to get checked out because of this thread, then I would call the thread a success

How old are you mate ? What symptoms ..get registered with a doc ..it will take a week to put your mind at rest ..take care .       pS I will let Ken know just in case .

Posted Images

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer, earlier this year,hit me like a bomb shell, when surgeon told me I had it in 3 places in the prostate, had to have robotic surgery to remove the whole thing after psa test,mri scan and biopsy showed it was contained in the prostate,luckily they said it had not spread and advised the op over radiotherapy,the op is a bit brutal and takes about 4 nours to perform, seem to be progressing well now, but its a slow job mending up, still have to have psa test every 3 months. take my advice lads and get checked regular, loads of guys in the hospital with this problem they call the silent killer.

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, grompz said:

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer, earlier this year,hit me like a bomb shell, when surgeon told me I had it in 3 places in the prostate, had to have robotic surgery to remove the whole thing after psa test,mri scan and biopsy showed it was contained in the prostate,luckily they said it had not spread and advised the op over radiotherapy,the op is a bit brutal and takes about 4 nours to perform, seem to be progressing well now, but its a slow job mending up, still have to have psa test every 3 months. take my advice lads and get checked regular, loads of guys in the hospital with this problem they call the silent killer.

This !! Wise words glad your sorted now soon be yearly tests ?

Just go see the doctor mate. I am just coming to the end of a 4 week course of antibiotics for chronic prostatitis and have got a apppointment to go back on Monday to see how things are. I have yet to have a examination by the doctor but they have treated me for this from the symptoms I have given them. I believe it takes some shifting and can be up to a 12 week course of antibiotics. I could feel it in my groin had a lot of shooty arse pains like some c**t was stabbing in the arse and groin with a knife and lower back ache. The treatment has releaved the pain a shit load and has stopped the shooting pains I think it’s on the right path to clearing up. It takes time to clear u by all accounts.

11 hours ago, grompz said:

I had robot assisted surgery at Bristol Southmead,  they say it can half you're recovery.Certainly knocks the stuffing  out of you.You're over the worse of it now, stay positive, you will get there.?

6 minutes ago, ArchieHood said:

I had robot assisted surgery at Bristol Southmead,  they say it can half you're recovery.Certainly knocks the stuffing  out of you.You're over the worse of it now, stay positive, you will get there.?

thanks archie for your kind words,how long ago did you have your op done, hope you are getting there aswell, its side effects really do knock you back,had mine done at arrow park Merseyside,the care  and attention from the team there was unbelievable,and the nursing staff  couldn't do enough to help, fantastic people,would have stuggled to get through it,but a loving family,good friends, and a very good boss,and willpower has helped me through,when you are in those places it makes you realise just how precious your life is,its the dogs that keep me going now and gives me a sense of wellbeing.atb.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, grompz said:

thanks archie for your kind words,how long ago did you have your op done, hope you are getting there aswell, its side effects really do knock you back,had mine done at arrow park Merseyside,the care  and attention from the team there was unbelievable,and the nursing staff  couldn't do enough to help, fantastic people,would have stuggled to get through it,but a loving family,good friends, and a very good boss,and willpower has helped me through,when you are in those places it makes you realise just how precious your life is,its the dogs that keep me going now and gives me a sense of wellbeing.atb.

I had it done 8 weeks ago, robotic assisted laparoscopic partial nephrectomy is the posh name, 2 hour op to remove part of the cancerous tumour.Next day they took out my urinary catheter and said as soon as you can walk to the toilet and pee you can go home. Not as easy as it sounds but I managed it. Spent 4weeks doing nothing  but walking the dogs.To be honest it completely kicked the stuffing out of me,I had no appetite,  slept about 3 hours maximum at night.Felt quite down to be honest, sort of lost my mojo.Changed jobs while I was off so started doing a bit to get back into it, met new people and felt better.Eating properly now and sleeping better.You just gotta stay positive, I feel lucky because it was found early and I now have a positive outlook.They tell you not to worry, but it's hard not to it will always play on your mind, you just got to channel it into a positive thing. Remember we're still here,  a lot of people are not so lucky.

• Like 3

I was checked about a year ago, young female doctor, finger up the bum. I blanked the pain out by telling myself people pay good money for this.

Anyone else nearly pee up the wall when they were getting examined (fingered) ?.

• Haha 2

I remember me and my pal sitting with the doctor as he was telling him it was prostate cancer we nearly fell off our chairs it was a horrible moment.....id made him go private so they did actually take the time to explain everything and it quickly became clear that if your going to get cancer then thats not a bad place to get it.The docs basic philosophy was the long term plan is that you end up dying of something else !.....apparently something like 80% of men who die over the age of eighty die with prostate cancer even if they dont know they have it......70% of men over 70....60% of men over 60 etc.....he was telling us that there is controversy within the medical world that men with lower grade prostate cancer should not even be told they have it as they are unlikely to actually ever die from it so the unnecessary stress/upset just isnt worth it.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 5

Reading this thread and being over 50 it's starting to get unnerving. With so many regular posters on here having some experience with the disease and the fact one of my uncles was diagnosed with prostrate cancer in the last few week's. 

I can honestly say that I've only had to visit the doctors probably less than 10 times in my life for me personally and it would be just my bad luck to contract something like this. 

So is it the consensus on here to go for the blood test or the full internal jobby and how often, once a year? 

I'm not feeling any symptoms and everything seems 'normal' down there but I find myself pissing more often and tend not to drink coffee anymore near bedtime as I have to get up and go for a piss in the early hours whereas in the past it could wait till the morning. 

Got to honestly say that if this thread had not been posted, I would never of even contemplated talking about P/C let alone going for a test ?

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, liP said:

Reading this thread and being over 50 it's starting to get unnerving. With so many regular posters on here having some experience with the disease and the fact one of my uncles was diagnosed with prostrate cancer in the last few week's. 

I can honestly say that I've only had to visit the doctors probably less than 10 times in my life for me personally and it would be just my bad luck to contract something like this. 

So is it the consensus on here to go for the blood test or the full internal jobby and how often, once a year? 

I'm not feeling any symptoms and everything seems 'normal' down there but I find myself pissing more often and tend not to drink coffee anymore near bedtime as I have to get up and go for a piss in the early hours whereas in the past it could wait till the morning. 

Got to honestly say that if this thread had not been posted, I would never of even contemplated talking about P/C let alone going for a test ?

like you lip,up until this diagnosis I never had been in  hospital ,hardly been to a doctor, or had aday of with sickness virtually all of my life,only thing that alerted me to get checked was starting to feel tired and drained of energy,getting a very strong urge to pass water frequently and a slow stream when urinating, as I am a bit over sixty just put it dow to age, life style, long hours working and hiking with the dogs regular, got to make a few changes but will carry on much the same and forget about it, surgeon told me if your father  had suffered with p/c, strong chance its hereditary,get it checked out mate.

• Like 2

Been there myself recently and all lads. Felt like a tightness down there, like I was constantly holding onto a piss kind of thing and couldn't relax it properly. Turns out it was prostatitis after an examination, fortnights worth of pills and she was good to go again. Feared the worst because I have a family history of prostate cancer. Its not always the worst case scenario lads, but get it checked out none the less.. ?