Sign in to follow this  
Balaur

L200 pickup

Hi guys thinking of getting one. If they've the legroom might have a test drive. What are the problems to look out for thanks in advance . Joe

I had 1 for 6 yrs,2.5 straight diesel,double cab on a  w reg,was cheap for parts as all old shogun engine with no turbo,pretty much bombproof,went to scotland few times,france all over the uk,was good on fuel for what it was,only realdownside was no diff lock,run khumo chunkies on it went most places with some weight on the backend used to get out and clik the front hubs manually lol....386,930 miles on the clock when some Muppet pulled out.and wiped me out🙈🤬would of still been going now😔the old turbo warriors  ,barbarians are prone to head gasket going ,turbo,some lads I now have thrown money at them and then a match lol.like any motor,old or new you find some are genuine.....some are money pits,helps if you know a good mechanic, take them with you😉I take my brother🙈he's ruthless,pulls stuff apart lol,always get them for a good price 😁

• Like 1

Ideal,  missus has her eye on a monster truck one lol. But yep I've had a few pigs had x trail that cost me loads think you've got to know when to stop throwing cash. Yep will probably get my mate to look over it . Cheers Joe 

1 hour ago, Balaur said:

Ideal,  missus has her eye on a monster truck one lol. But yep I've had a few pigs had x trail that cost me loads think you've got to know when to stop throwing cash. Yep will probably get my mate to look over it . Cheers Joe 

You never know with motors mate, I ran an X Trail for 7 years without any trouble whatsoever 🙄 Good luck.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Had 3 peugeots go bang on me put me of French motors for life but some love em. I liked navara but they got problems with chassis and a couple of other issues. As said need a bit of luck .

Better off getting a ranger,few owners pages on facebook and there'll tell you all the faults of all the years to look out for..

On 23/03/2019 at 08:07, wilbur foxhound said:

What age of l200 were you thinking of,wf

Looking at 5-6k so 2006/7. Can get one reasonable mileage and condition 

11 hours ago, fireman said:

Better off getting a ranger,few owners pages on facebook and there'll tell you all the faults of all the years to look out for..

Yep have had a look seem to mostly be old bangers or brand new not as much choice about but if the right one came up I'd have a look.

8 hours ago, Balaur said:

Looking at 5-6k so 2006/7. Can get one reasonable mileage and condition 

Yep have had a look seem to mostly be old bangers or brand new not as much choice about but if the right one came up I'd have a look.

Give 5 grand for that one a few years ago and have to say it was the biggest parcel of shite I’ve ever had the misfortune to own. Every thing that could go wrong with it did. If I’m going down the crew cab route again it will be a hilux or dmax. 

1F9F6671-C8D2-4D39-B256-B696F4A1CAFD.jpeg

• Like 1

About six months ago I paid £7000 for a 2011 plate Trojan it had done 100,00 miles but had full service history with it so far it’s been good and had never been of road it has a locking rear diff and locking centre diff and is nice to drive,I had two off the older shaped ones and both engines were nothing but trouble so if you look there are good ones out there but I would stay clear of the older square shaped ones I think the engine in them was a k74 cylinder heads cracked in both of mine,wf

• Like 1

I have a l200 here 6mtstax mot, ha d it about 10yrs 03 plate, engine light is comming on central locking not working, 120 000 on clock belts done around 80 or 90t, spares or repair if interested pm j3m6,

On 10/03/2019 at 07:28, Balaur said:

Had 3 peugeots go bang on me put me of French motors for life but some love em. I liked navara but they got problems with chassis and a couple of other issues. As said need a bit of luck .

Anyone that loves french motors has never picked up a spanner and got dirty in there lives, they have just been lucky 👍👍

• Haha 1

Think the crown for this style of motor now sits firmly on the head of the ford ranger from my limited experience ✌️✌️

Had a ranger for the last 5 years done 140 k in it never missed a beat . Still looks tidy when its had a wash lol 

my ranger 2.jpg

• Like 2